Esteemed Contributor

To Retirees, Homebody or Rather Be On The Go

The older I get the more I want to stay home. I did go out to lunch last week and had  a good time but I'm good for while now.  I was on the go for years first with kids, added working full-time.  I retired and the 1st year was DH's illness and a constant stream of Dr. visits and hospitals. Then my stroke, hip replacement etc. I'm tired. Seriously, there have been weeks when I didn't go farther than my porches. DD yells at me all the time, but I'm happy at home.

Anyone else a real homebody?

Honored Contributor

Re: To Retirees, Homebody or Rather Be On The Go

me.

We still will go for 2day trips and a few days out of town, but that's it.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 @I like my home too.I find that it is getting more difficult for me to get it all together at once so I can go out...feeling good,hair decent,right outfit and finally energy needed to activate my personality to entertain and converse.Sometimes it seems too much but then I go and have the best time and wonder why I feel the need to be so hard on myself.

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2   I've been more of a homebody since my kids learned to drive.  I've been working full time for more than 40 years, so if I'm not at work, I'm usually found at home. 

I have friends that are out and about traveling and taking day trips every weekend after working all week.  I wonder how they find time to take care of their house and still find time to relax.  I have to have a clean and organized house/life and if I were out all weekend, my house and my life would be a mess!

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

I am on the go constantly.  It is unusual for me to get one day a week at home.  I try to stay out of the fray on week-ends since I am free to go to out to lunch or dinner, grocery shopping, movies, etc during the week. 

Esteemed Contributor

definitely a homebody......was on the go all my life....

Honored Contributor

I seem to go to the grocery store once every two weeks and that's the extent of my exciting life outside of home.  My car may not leave the driveway for two weeks.  I have plenty to keep myself entertained.  My mobility is limited so i can no longer browse in stores or go places that require standing/walking.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I retired at fifty seven and I love it. I was always on the go and working. I enjoy being at home and just going to bed when I want and getting up when I want. No schedule at all. I go to lunch with friends and do other things but all on my own time line. I think all the years that were spent working and doing everything I had to get done gave me a real appreciation for just being home and enjoying my yard, flowers and most of all reading. It is fun to take a trip once in a while also but just so nice to be home.

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  I love nothing more than to be home.  However, I always seem to be on the go.  With my Y schedule, art classes, volunteer teaching, and some travel, where I usually take a cooking class or two, I don't find that I am home as much as I would like.  I know that there will come a day when I will not be able to do all of this, so I am taking advantage.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm a homebody and always have been.  I also have always hated to travel.  I was always on the go when I was younger and when I worked.  I like having no committments or obligations.