Honored Contributor

I'm praying that you will be safe and warm, please be careful.Smile

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

Re: To Our Posters In The South

Watching the national news and things sound ominous. Hope all posters in the area affected are able to maintain their power sources and are stocked with enough necessities to weather the storm.

Respected Contributor

Thanks. We're just hoping for our electricity to stay on. The tall-tale sign will be in the morning and throughout the day tomorrow, barely hovering around 28 degrees. All the schools and majority of businesses are reportedly closed in the Augusta, GA., and surrounding areas in S. Carolina.

Honored Contributor

Please stay warm and safe. Check in when you can.

Fingers crossed the power stays on.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

On 2/11/2014 deepwaterdotter said:

Watching the national news and things sound ominous. Hope all posters in the area affected are able to maintain their power sources and are stocked with enough necessities to weather the storm.

Respected Contributor

On 2/11/2014 JaneMarple said:

I'm praying that you will be safe and warm, please be careful.Smile

Ditto!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

On 2/11/2014 dmod nj said:

Please stay warm and safe. Check in when you can.

Fingers crossed the power stays on.

Thanks dmod. I've got my battery operated TV I ordered from HSN years ago (also comes with a DVD player).....and candles, flashlights, plenty of food .....

I've even made coffee and put it in my refrigerator. I have a gas stove so I can warm it up because I do not like instant coffee.

And blankets galore.....as long as my little baby shih ztu is warm, we'll be fine. I'd do without anytime of the day as long as she is safe & warm.

Ooh, they just announced winds along with the icy rain/sleet of around 20 mph. Okay, now I'm getting a little skeered! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Honored Contributor

It sounded awful. 3/4 inch ice in Atlanta. My company has a couple locations in that area and are shutting down tonight until it's over.

Honored Contributor

I saw a supermarket's shelves on the news today, most of them emptied.

Honored Contributor

Thanks so much. I've got our zillion flameless candles ready and two LED battery operated lanterns. And we have two battery operated tv's. Have the iPad and cell phone fully charged. Hoping not to have to use any of them. We have food and plenty of firewood. I lived here (Atlanta) for the ice storm of 73. I was a senior in high school. We were without power for 7 days and never left the house. Stay safe everyone.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?