Esteemed Contributor

To Ford, from _Naes...'my thoughts are with you and daughter today'.

Dear Ford, SmileI wish to send a very special "Thank You" in appreciation reguarding the lovely note, offering my post to your daughter....her sweet Minou. ~ It is lovely to know that there is such deep caring love in your life, along with a beautiful indefinable young daughter, `those whom love so deeply, the same as I`. ~ I think of both of you, having hearts and souls as good and decent, lovinly, _Naes. {#emotions_dlg.wub} -"B"-

Honored Contributor

Re: To Ford, from _Naes...'my thoughts are with you and daughter today'.

Thank you so much _Naes. I did send it to her and she thought it was lovely. She is having a really hard time with guilt, and I am approaching it with a lot of support and encouragement that she did the right thing. Some folks are so demeaning of her grief, saying things like "it's just a cat." OMG, Minou was so much more that "just a cat" to my daughter (and to me). My daughter never had children (not that that is a comparison) . . . Minou was her "baby," her little girl, her companion, and she felt a great deal of love and responsibility for her.

Yes, in cat years she lived a long life (100 says one of my other daughters), but when you love someone it doesn't matter how old they are when they die, all that matters is how much you miss them. She tries to stay out of her apartment as much as possible because she said it seems like a hollow cave to her right now.

She's coming over Sunday and that will be the first time I will have seen her in many weeks. Her sisters and nieces will be here also, so there will be a lot of us. I think she wants to get back to her "normal, but new life" as she puts it. She is trying very hard.

So thank you again for your original words, and for these words as well. Most of the people in these forums are animal lovers, so there has been a lot of support for her. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

~~

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

I know how she feels. My dog, "my baby" died/put down in December. I was heart broken. I thought it would take months or a year to find a new puppy so I started looking early. To my surprise, I found a breeder and bought my new puppy the end of March. It may not be how some people overcome the loss of a beloved pet but, it worked wonders for me. I hope your daughter finds peace.

Honored Contributor

On 5/1/2014 glb613 said:

I know how she feels. My dog, "my baby" died/put down in December. I was heart broken. I thought it would take months or a year to find a new puppy so I started looking early. To my surprise, I found a breeder and bought my new puppy the end of March. It may not be how some people overcome the loss of a beloved pet but, it worked wonders for me. I hope your daughter finds peace.

She volunteers at PetSmart every Wednesday night and often at the local no-kill animal shelter on weekends. I am hoping that she will open her great big heart to another little kitty at one of these places. I would never say that to her, but my intuition tells me that will happen. I'm hoping sooner rather than later.

Formerly Ford1224
Valued Contributor

On 5/1/2014 Ford1224 said:

Thank you so much _Naes. I did send it to her and she thought it was lovely. She is having a really hard time with guilt, and I am approaching it with a lot of support and encouragement that she did the right thing. Some folks are so demeaning of her grief, saying things like "it's just a cat." OMG, Minou was so much more that "just a cat" to my daughter (and to me). My daughter never had children (not that that is a comparison) . . . Minou was her "baby," her little girl, her companion, and she felt a great deal of love and responsibility for her.

Yes, in cat years she lived a long life (100 says one of my other daughters), but when you love someone it doesn't matter how old they are when they die, all that matters is how much you miss them. She tries to stay out of her apartment as much as possible because she said it seems like a hollow cave to her right now.

She's coming over Sunday and that will be the first time I will have seen her in many weeks. Her sisters and nieces will be here also, so there will be a lot of us. I think she wants to get back to her "normal, but new life" as she puts it. She is trying very hard.

So thank you again for your original words, and for these words as well. Most of the people in these forums are animal lovers, so there has been a lot of support for her. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Ford, so happy to hear you will be seeing her this weekend, along with your other daughters and family. I sincerely hope that all of you are able to have a good day together, although I expect there to be many tears shed. But that's ok as it is healthy to cry and get it all out.

It is so very difficult to get over our pet's death, particularly a pet that is really more than a pet for so many years. They are part of the family.

Thanks for the update. Take care.

Honored Contributor

On 5/1/2014 HisElk said:
On 5/1/2014 Ford1224 said:

Ford, so happy to hear you will be seeing her this weekend, along with your other daughters and family. I sincerely hope that all of you are able to have a good day together, although I expect there to be many tears shed. But that's ok as it is healthy to cry and get it all out.

It is so very difficult to get over our pet's death, particularly a pet that is really more than a pet for so many years. They are part of the family.

Thanks for the update. Take care.

Hi HisElk . . . my bet, there won't be any tears or mention of this at all. That would be too normal for my crew!! All kidding aside, that would be the worst possible thing for any of us to do, and I'm going to have to practically stuff a sock in my mouth when I see her, but I am determined not to be the one to break this family decision. If she brings it up (which she will not) that will be a different thing.

Formerly Ford1224
Respected Contributor

Oh, Ford, I have been devastated by the loss of my pets. It is a pain unlike even what I have felt for people. They are so innocent and pure.

Your daughter has every right and reason to grieve, and there are SO MANY of us who do understand.

Hyacinth {#emotions_dlg.wub}