Honored Contributor

Re: To Everyone Who Flooded the new CEO's Email...

@magicmoodz They really do cherry pick what to allow and not allow.

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

They certainly do! 

I for one, made sure to write and encourage others to do so.  I have no idea if the threads that I posted on with the contact information were poofed but I felt that it was the right thing to do.

This is a business and I felt that the new CEO should know how some of their customers felt.

Esteemed Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@Love my grandkids wrote:

They certainly do! 

I for one, made sure to write and encourage others to do so.  I have no idea if the threads that I posted on with the contact information were poofed but I felt that it was the right thing to do.

This is a business and I felt that the new CEO should know how some of their customers felt.

@haddon9 

I am certain your posting contact information was very important in encouraging others to follow suit. Thank you for all you did.

I was going to send an email, but became alarmed and held off as posts were being zapped left and right. I decided to wait and include the "missing post mystery" in arguing my case.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I sent an email, letter in the maiI and unsubscribed to emails. 

Esteemed Contributor

I wonder IF the people who got kicked  off here for providing the link.....will be allowed to return.

Valued Contributor

A big thank you to the new CEO and those that heard our plea to keep this site open. You do have a heart and care for your customers. I am so happy for those home bound and others that depend on something safe like this forum to gather info and just keep in touch with the outside world. Thank you again.

Honored Contributor

I think the mods are quite consistent.  I say that because I statred to keep track when I thought a new thread was likely to turn controversial and be deleted.    Try keeping track sometime and see if you are  able to figure it out.  

Esteemed Contributor

I also want to thank everyone who emailed, and everyone who shared the email address.  I think the emails were instrumental in the reversal.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@millieshops wrote:

I think the mods are quite consistent.  I say that because I statred to keep track when I thought a new thread was likely to turn controversial and be deleted.    Try keeping track sometime and see if you are  able to figure it out.  

I disagree about the consistency, but then again, I don't read everything.  

I think the deletions are based on complaints about posts, not content, or about things they may feel hurt QVC's image.

And they are not transparent.  Many times they delete posts in a thread without stating a reason or indicating anything was deleted.  

Of the posts I have seen, when do they decide that something is unkind to host? The complaint may be fair, and they leave it, but if many people agree they delete it.

The last couple of days, they became very aggressive scrutinizing the posts of unhappy posters and deleting them, I am guessing without complaint, because what poster would complain about posts complaining about the elimination of the forum.

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

I think it was your efforts that had a huge impact in keeping this board operational. When someone new walks in to a position to a barrage of complaints, I am quite certain it caught his attention and he immediately wanted answers and a quick fix put in place.

I only hope other changes can follow. I have long thought it inappropriate to poof an entire thread when there was clearly only one offending poster. Poof only the post in question and if it is a repeat offender perhaps banning for a period of time that is meaningful.

And board guidelines need to be clarified--like what exactly does controversial mean? That is pretty subjective. 

But back to you warriors out there--job well done!👏👏👏 

I was thinking the exact same thing!  This board would be a more interesting place and attract more posters without the heavy handed, unfair and often strange moderating.