Respected Contributor

To the hero I called Dad...for all you meant and still mean to me..for all the great grandchildren who will only know you through the stories..and what stories! From my son, for whom you were truly a father, not just "Gramps", for my brothers and sister, and for Mom, who rests beside you at Arlington for Eternity..We love you and miss you on this very special day...and Daddy, you would be so proud! What would you like to share about your dads?Dad 2.jpg

Honored Contributor
I put a picture of my dear dad into the area where you can post pictures of your avatar😊😇❤️
Thank you to him and the men like him who served as wonderful role models💕
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor
My dad is awesome in so many ways but there is one thing about him that I've never really seen in anyone else. He truly accepts people for what they are and is not judgmental AT ALL! I know most of us try to be this way and most often do but then if we are honest with ourselves realize that there's something here or there that you are disapproving of in certain people. Not my dad. It is one of the most amazing qualities and I am in awe. What a blessing to be raised by someone with such acceptance and respect of those around him. Actually my grandfather was pretty much that way too as far as I know so I guess that's where it comes from. What honorable men!
Respected Contributor

My dad loved us more than himself.    He always put us first.    He was always there for us, and a shining example of decency, integrity, and hard work.

He loved nature and animals.   I learned so much from him in so many ways.

He gave me a wonderful life, with opportunites he never had.

My first Father's Day without him...     I love you, Dad, and miss you so much.

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Respected Contributor

@Lion wrote:

My dad loved us more than himself.    He always put us first.    He was always there for us, and a shining example of decency, integrity, and hard work.

I'm so sorry Lion, I know that pain all too well. (((hugs)))

And hugs to all those missing their Dad today. 

Trusted Contributor

Awwww, nice thread and lovely sentiment.  Love the pic.

I found one of my dad in his Navy uniform with my mom taken when they were newlyweds in 1942.

007 (305x460).jpg

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Respected Contributor

@NUNYA wrote:

@Lion wrote:

I'm so sorry Lion, I know that pain all too well. (((hugs)))

And hugs to all those missing their Dad today. 

Thank you, nunya.

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Respected Contributor

Oh, Lion, I so know how you feel..but don't feel like  you are "without" him today, for you he is VERY much "with" you-= through you, right here, we have all been honored to have a glimpse of him, and to see his love hrough your eyes- you are his legacy...

Big hugs to you today, Lion...