Respected Contributor

I love to cruise but everyone is different. But there is so much to do or as little whatever you like. Someone cleans your room. Your meals are served no cooking or clean up. You get to visit different ports. I slept better on the ship than I do at home. Went right to sleep and slept all night. You need to decide what is right for you.

Esteemed Contributor

Been on 3 cruises, Western Caribbean, Alaskan & Mediterranean. Best and most relaxing vacations ever. You can do as much or as little as you want. And as one of the other posters said, think of it as being in a big hotel, a luxurious one. One piece of advice, get a cabin with a balcony, it makes such a big difference to be able to step outside anytime to sit and read or relax and just watch the world go by when you want rather than have to be out on deck to enjoy the fresh air and sunshine. I say go and create memories for yourself and your family of a wonderful time together.

Honored Contributor

I have been on 4 cruises.  I love cruises.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

Been on 3 cruises, Western Caribbean, Alaskan & Mediterranean. Best and most relaxing vacations ever. You can do as much or as little as you want. And as one of the other posters said, think of it as being in a big hotel, a luxurious one. One piece of advice, get a cabin with a balcony, it makes such a big difference to be able to step outside anytime to sit and read or relax and just watch the world go by when you want rather than have to be out on deck to enjoy the fresh air and sunshine. I say go and create memories for yourself and your family of a wonderful time together.

I agree about getting a cabin with a balcony.  I won't cruise without a balcony!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I wouldn't want to be on a ship that holds as many people as a small town......

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

I have never had any interest in going on a cruise. I get to relax enough in my regular life, and I fear that the food would be so irrestible my clothes wouldn't fit when I got home.

@Bookbabe, is there something you would like to do instead? Suggest it for another time and don't feel pressured into going. For me, I can pass up any vacation that doesn't include a daily round of golf.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

I wouldn't want to be on a ship that holds as many people as a small town......

Oddly enough, the ships that hold as many people as a small town....well you wouldn't even know it. There are so many activities in different parts of the ships that people are taking part in,and  others sitting poolside and others relaxing on the various decks, foks enjoying the restaurants at different times that even on "at sea" days you'd have no clue if it's hundreds or thousands on the ship. And on days in port so many go off the ship on various activities it can actually seem quiet on board.

Esteemed Contributor

I say go for it!!!

Create memories with your family, show them that you are never too to face and conquer your fears. 

I bet once you get on the ship, and get in to all of the activities, and everything, you'll forget all about being on the ship and you'll find yourself having fun!

You can do it!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I would go just to be with your family if I were you.

As for cruising for me, I think I would only be interested in one of the more luxurious cruise lines like Crystal, RMS QM2 or Silversea and would like the round the world options for cruising. My husband and I would like to do that within the next 10 yrs. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Regular Contributor

Do it!  I am going on a cruise on Monday.  Alaska this time.  I can't wait.  Go for it.