Respected Contributor

Re: To Cheer Yourself Up: Put Christmas Lights Back Up in March

@Sapphiregal  what are you doing to raise your spirits?  chime in!

Honored Contributor

Won't cost us nothing. 

Trusted Contributor

I love this idea. My lights are stored away now and it would be difficult for me to get to them and get them up without help, BUT I do have a couple of sets of solar string lights that I can put out on the bushes in my front yard. 

Honored Contributor

I hate, absolutely hate to decorate for Christmas.  Way too much work.  So this isn't gonna happen at my house.

Right now our family is observing Lent.  It is not a time for lights or looking for ways to make us happy. It is a time to be solemn, fasting and prayer.  Easter is the most Important Holy day for Christians.  Easter Sunday is a day of celebration.  We plan on observing Lent and then Easter.

Super Contributor

I think we could all use a little joy right now.  My outside lights run on batteries which I already have, so I think I may put the batteries in and put the timer on.  I know my neighbor across the street will enjoy seeing them.  I will be happy knowing I could give some happiness to others as we are on day 2 of "shelter in place".

Honored Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

@Suziepeach  that's wonderful about your good news!   hallelu!   and soooooo glad you are finding ways to celebrate and stay up in spirit!   stay well, Suziepeach and all on the boards.

@ms traditional thank you so very much..  my neurosurgeon at Emory put me on every two years instead of one.. yippeeeee!!

Ho Ho Ho...  Joy To the World...

Image result for Christmas  Lights gif

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Contributor

We have Solar lights strung on our deck rails all year long. It makes me happy to look out there at night and ss them twinkling away!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

backyRD.jpg

The one day we had a nice snow, hubby turned the lights on.. these are the winter blue ones, we have multi colored around the other side..

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

I have patio string lights year-round on a timer.
Valued Contributor

@Suziepeach wrote:

This thread in its self has made me smile and has brightened my day!!

A few months ago, one of our neighbors over from us keeps multi colored lights on all the time..  I say, "Oh I see Christmas lights."  Nice touch in the middle of the night when you can't get the dog to come in LOL .. 

Image result for christmas lights gif

I could be your neighbor!  We put multi-colored lights around the deck and on the grapevine tree at the end of November, and they are still up.