It can be a hard time for some people,
with all the things we see
about family, friends, celebrations etc. so

especially I'm sending good thoughts and

hopes to those
who don't have friends or family
to spend the holidays with
or who are missing their loved ones,

or who are having a hard time for any reason.

Hearts
to all of you.❤️❤️❤️

Thanksgiving

❤️❤️❤️

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Respected Contributor

Re: 💛🌹To All Who Might Be Sad at Thanksgiving🌹💛

What a nice postSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

That was very kind of you to send your warm wishes to people alone for the holidays. Cat Very Happy  Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

kindness is strength
Regular Contributor

Bless You @newziesuzie. This year I have my sons with me for Thanksgiving but I was all alone last year as my ex-husband and I switch holidays.

Being alone was just about the worst feeling I ever felt. Since my sons will be with their Dad for Christmas this year I have decided to come into work just to not be sitting at home thinking about them and feeling alone.

It's an awful feeling and I wish anyone and everyone a Happy Thanksgiving regarless of your situation. There is always hope.

Bless you all

JB

Esteemed Contributor

You don't know how much your sentiments  mean to me, though I am not alone (I will be with my husband) we have both lost people we love this year, and was just saying this morning we were wondering how we would get through the holiday's, so thank you from the bottom of my heart, just when it seems the world has forgotten about us, a complete random act of kindness from a stranger gave me a glimmer of hope, so again, THANK YOU!

Honored Contributor

Hi, @newziesuzie - how sweet!

I have been alone for most of my adult life on nearly every major holiday (am no longer, but that's just this past year).

It's rough. It's depressing. It is what it is. Those who advise, from the wisdom of their never having been in that situation, "Make a dinner and invite friends", "get invited to someone's house", "volunteer at a soup kitchen", etc., don't really get it.

Thanksgiving and Christmas are, the media insists 24/7, about perfect loving families, the larger & more multi-generational the more ideal, coming together in love and plenty. If you don't have that, *for any reason*, the media for sure and often strangers or co-workers have ready, simple, snap "fixes" - that aren't.

Yes, there are ways to "get through" the day - heck, you can even spend the day at the movies - but for most people it's family, warmth and being cared about they miss - and you can't just "create" that at will, no matter how much the clueless think you "should" be able to.

Sorry for the soap box ;-(

It's okay to be alone, and it's special and lovely to have someone acknowledge that you're alone and it's not your "fault" or that you're not somehow lacking as a human being because this is your situation.

Gobble-gobble! 🦃🦃🦃

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@newziesuzie

You are such a wonderful person, loving and caring, and you take the time to share that with others.

The post above from you is so thoughtful, thank you for creating this line, I would like to join you in wishing a Happy Thanksgiving to everyone who needs a hello and best wishes.

Noel

Honored Contributor

Thank you @newziesuzie. What you wrote was so kind and thoughtful. It brought tears to my eyes. I'm one of those people who has no family. So it's just me and my sweet dog. Holiday season is always sad for me. Words can't express how much I miss my family. 

Hope everyone enjoys getting together with family and friends! May you cherish every moment.Woman Happy

Valued Contributor

Thank you NewzieSuzie.  How nice! I lost my husband in Sept so it will be one of my "firsts".  My son will be here though. I am thankful for all my blessings, but a bit sad. 

Frequent Contributor

@newziesuzie

Thank you, what a nice and thoughtful thread. 

To all alone my wish is you find peace during this 

Holiday season. 

In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves ~ Buddha ~