Esteemed Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

"Everybody Must Get Stoned".  (by Bob Dylan)

@Imaoldhippie ...   LOL  Woman LOL

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Respected Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

"Everybody Must Get Stoned".  (by Bob Dylan)

Good one!  Or "I Am A Rock"...Simon & Garfunkel!

Esteemed Contributor

Family love...rock solid

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Contributor
There is black artwork and there is gay artwork, but somehow artwork depicting a straight white family has to be inclusive. Maybe it just reflects the artists own family. I guess straight white families are the enemy nowadays. Oh, by the way, I think I’ll start a protest. There are no pets in the picture. 🙄
Respected Contributor

Re: Title This Artwork!

[ Edited ]

Based on what we can see, any one of those characters could be of either gender or transgendered, and of any race or ethnicity.  So just maybe, in this day and age, it is presumptuous perceptions that are regressive.

ETA:  I failed to include my title:   Rockefellows

(intentionally misspelled)

@lolakimono  It is a well done piece.  Thank you for sharing. 

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

Re: Title This Artwork!

[ Edited ]

The Stone Family on the way to church.

I once had the neatest picture someone made with color pieces of wood, of an old fashioned woman on her porch.  I loved it.  You didn't see her face, but she had one of those long, old fashioned style of dresses on.  I had it up for the longest time.  

@lolakimono   Kind of neat to see how people interpret these and what they see in the picture.  Like that ink blot test. LOL

Honored Contributor

Sky and the Family Stone?

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

i think several of these posts are a bit harsh to @noodleann . I, for one, tend to agree with her/him. It is interesting to me how that post seems to have touched a nerve with some people..... Very odd. Not everybody agrees that an old fashioned nuclear family is necessarily, inherently a good thing. The concept of "family" is much broader now than say ... in thec1950s. This is called progress, love of everybody, and respect for others.

Honored Contributor

Social distancing at it's worst.

Contributor
Nope, didn’t touch a nerve at all. Just pointing out the fact that there are all different kinds of artwork, this is just one of them. I know there are different types of families and nobody is implying that one is better than the other. According to the picture we can’t really tell what race or gender they are anyway. I accept everyone individually, and as families of all kinds. Hope my previous reply didn’t offend anybody. 🙂