Valued Contributor

Re: Tired Of It Happening

[ Edited ]

wrote:

Wish the Mods would just delete the bad posts & let the conversation continue

The object of the mods taking it down is probably because the topic should not have been started to begin with.  If they just take down individual posts, that won't stop what was started.  It will just continue by same people or others.

It wasn't the topic that brought it down.  Period. It was someone who changed the subject. @makena  One I put up recently was a recipe. 

I'm not sure who you think "changed the subject," but it was a political thread.  We both know that.  We also know they are always pulled.

Honored Contributor

To me it looked political and religious.

Respected Contributor

wrote:

To me it looked political and religious.

Agree.  I really don't like when people play innocent.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

The object of the mods taking it down is probably because the topic should not have been started to begin with.  If they just take down individual posts, that won't stop what was started.  It will just continue by same people or others.

It wasn't the topic that brought it down.  Period. It was someone who changed the subject. @makena  One I put up recently was a recipe. 

I'm not sure who you think "changed the subject," but it was a political thread.  We both know that.  We also know they are always pulled.

Politics were not mentioned, except by one person, and it wasn't me.

Honored Contributor

The problem on these boards is the inconsistency. 

Sometimes certain topics and nasty behavior are allowed to stand and other times it is removed. 

I don't think the moderation here is fair in any way, mostly because they have too many mods, and even with a strict set of guidelines, some are going to see things differently than others. 

And I've noticed that certain posters get away with a lot more than others here, which I'm sure only leads to a lot of people trying to sabotage a thread when they get enough of it happening.

And then there are people who constantly start threads with the whole idea to cause a ruckus and get things taken down. Pot stirrers the old timers used to call them. 

Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

Sardinia...the Blue Zones? It had great recipes and information. Someone decided to invade it with rhetoric having absolutely NOTHING to do with the topic. It was obviously sabotage.

Honored Contributor

I had a diabetes thread taken down by one person who is notorious for this type of thing

There was nothing at all objectionable in anything I posted

Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

Sardinia...the Blue Zones? It had great recipes and information. Someone decided to invade it with rhetoric having absolutely NOTHING to do with the topic. It was obviously sabotage.

Thanks @Trinity11

I hesitate to say what this one was about, not even anything in America, and not religion unless people who don't know better know nothing about genetics.

Honored Contributor

Sorry I missed it. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

wrote:

I had a diabetes thread taken down by one person who is notorious for this type of thing

There was nothing at all objectionable in anything I posted

Correct @cherry