Respected Contributor

Re: Tipping help re: grocery delivery

@beach-mom 

Wow, if I had a farm market like that near me, I'd be there in a heartbeat!

Denise
Honored Contributor

@denisemb - We;re very lucky! I shop there for fresh produce during normal times. They have grown in the past few years to include the deli, ice cream counter (inside the store), and a few small tables inside and out. They have fall festivals and Easter egg hunts. When my children were young we picked fresh strawberries there each year. 

When everything closed here they went to curbside pickup. You had to call in your order. Then they put the choices on their website (but no pictures). They were busy, so the website closed down for a week for "revision." They added things like bakery items, meat, and a few pantry items. They reopened the website with pictures. I have to laugh - the first time I saw chocolate chip cookie listed I clicked it. When I got home there was ONE big cookie. I thought I was getting a bag or something -LOL!

After taking my children there for various events for years, I know the family, and I'm glad they're doing well with this. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

When I have Instacart deliver I tip 15-20%.  Ouch, but it saves me from going to the store myself.

I figure that we didn't take a world cruise this year, didn't buy a new car, don't own a second home, boat or rv and have those associated expenses so I'm going to tip generously when someone helps me out, especially during this horrible time.

I like your attitude and I'm 100% in agreement with you.

I agree.  When I order from a restaurant and its delivered they have a suggested tip on the ordering website and I always increase the tip.   If I pick up from a nearby restaurant (a very good Greek restaurant is right down the street) I always tell them to add $10.00 to my bill.  I have not ordered insta-cart all that often but when I do I increase the amount of their tip too.  I am happy to help people needing extra income at this time and hope we can keep local restaurants stay in business.