Honored Contributor

Re: Tipping for services rendered during the holiday season

I sometimes complain about my local newspaper delivery service....but it isnt so bad.  I miss a paper about once every 3 months.  I'm sure the delivery person has to sometimes ask other people to subsititute.....

I do call the paper and report the missing delivery to get credit.

Respected Contributor

GRINCH alert.  I would like to add a note regarding leaving tips for our trash collectors, etc.  Last week a grinch was going around our neighborhoods taking envelopes that had been attached to the trash containers for our service providers.  Police cautioned it best, of course, to hand tips to individuals directly or mail to company.  I am a bit suspicious of mailing to company, but ....

Anyway, food for thought for next year!!!

Respected Contributor

@qvcaddition

I agree with you! I have never received any freebies, gifts or extra services from my hair stylist and colorist. I always tip extra IF I'm booking near Christmas or New Years, but it bothers me.

My Dad always gave Christmas gifts to his customers, they were important for his business. Why aren't we important to our hair personnel? This year it just bothered me....why am I giving extra money 💰 to people I PAY for service?