Super Contributor

Tip Question Again--about Franchise Home Cleaning Services

I know we see this question often--but I can't find an answer. I am having spring cleaning done by one of the franchises. They charge very big bucks for this, and I don't know what kind of salary the ladies get who do the actual cleaning. I'm paying over $250 for this cleaning to the company. What is an appropriate tip for the two ladies or are they getting a sizable amount of the $250? (I have a feeling they aren't). Thanks in advance.

Occasional Contributor

Re: Tip Question Again--about Franchise Home Cleaning Services

They may get half of what is charged since that is usually the standard for agencies and then you have to divide that between the number of workers.

Respected Contributor

On 6/4/2014 Ellis Dee said:

They may get half of what is charged since that is usually the standard for agencies and then you have to divide that between the number of workers.

Oh pleeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!! Why should the customer have to do this math! Totally ridiculous!!! Don't tip!!!!

I would not tip. Why do you feel you need to tip? $250 is what they charge.

Respected Contributor

The franchises pay a percentage to the cleaners after they take their cut. It;s not much.

Super Contributor

Yes, please tip the cleaning people. They do not receive the amount you are paying the cleaning franchise, and cleaning people's homes in all kinds of conditions is nasty work. Your cash tip to them will be appreciated more than you know.

Money doesn't talk; it swears. --Bob Dylan
Respected Contributor

Tipping is over used. It's not charity and it's not to rid yourself of some kind of guilt or whatever your hang up is.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

On 6/4/2014 Skylands said:

Tipping is over used. It's not charity and it's not to rid yourself of some kind of guilt or whatever your hang up is.

It's not done based on guilt or anyone's "hang up." If you think that, then you don't understand anything.

Money doesn't talk; it swears. --Bob Dylan
Honored Contributor

Yes, tip the cleaning people. They don't own the franchise. You said in the OP that they are charging "very big bucks." Well, a special cleaning is very big work. And the cleaners themselves don't get the "big bucks." ETA - if you're happy with their job, I'd tip 20% for them to split.
Respected Contributor

On 6/4/2014 ktlynam said:

It's not done based on guilt or anyone's "hang up." If you think that, then you don't understand anything.

Do you have to be so nasty lady? It's easy to sit on this forum and be mean. Find some light in your dreary life.

Occasional Contributor

You have obviously never worked in a service job.