Respected Contributor

3 pieces of furniture are being delivered to my residence next week.  Is it customary to tip the deliverymen?

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

Re: Tip - Furniture Delivery

Yes.  We always do.  Anywhere from $10 to $30 or even more to assemble a huge poster bed.   Or carry lots upstairs.

Respected Contributor

Thank you.  Heart

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

We have always tipped delivery people. I know many don't but I always think "If you can afford it, why would you not?" I've talked to delivery folks over the years and they don't make that much money and generally work hard.

They do a service that we found useful and liked to show our appreciation.

Honored Contributor

No, I don't tip them.  Truck drivers are not service workers and are very well paid.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I tried to tip the two gentlemen who delivered my couch and chair, but they wouldn't take it.  Go figure.  They even offered to move my old couch from the first floor to the basement.  And then the store owner called the following day to ask if I was happy with my new furniture.  I told her that I was very happy, and would see her again when I needed more items for my home.

Respected Contributor

We recently bought a couch and paid $100 delivery fee. That's a lot of money. My husband still tipped the guys $20.

Esteemed Contributor

I always Tip. 

Honored Contributor

three pieces of furniture?......i would probably tip $10 each.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

I do but around here it's usually free shipping. The guys lift heavy furniture, steer around other furniture and assemble things. Rarely do you find older men delivering, their backs can't handle it so, I think, it's only nice to tip.