Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tiny kitten, it's like caring for a toddler...

I just read 2 month old kittens sleep 18 hours a day.  Ha, this little girl didn't get the memo. She did sleep last night, finally about 11, in her bed with her stuffed toy.  I just got her out for a little while so she can explore.  DD is at work so I didn't let her out long.  A walker is not great at chasing a kitten.  

Her preferred spot is on someone's chest. She is fascinated with my walker.  If you lift the seat there is a pouch. Now, don't laugh, I took her for a ride in the pouch, just across the room to her fenced in area.  The little goofball loved it. 

This is what my retirement has become, taking an injured kitten for rides on my walker. lol

Super Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 @Thank you and your daughter for helping this little one. I have a 2+ year old kitty that was found alone on a highway at 7 weeks. I remember the busy days of kittenhood. Tell your daughter to check out free cat games on her IPad. I downloaded a free fish game from Friskies and my little one would play with that thing all day! Of course, she is now too big and “sophisticated” for anything like that. Her’s an image of her after her spay surgery playing.8A0A547C-777F-41FA-8884-F7D3F007EE1A.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

@MoonieBaby   I will be getting a new knee in Nov. and then I should be good to keep up with "turbo kittie".  We have to keep her contained for the next week and 1/2 while she is on antibiotics and see how she is healing.

She has a vet appointment Thurs. morning.  He will check her wound and she will get her shots. DD is really attached to her.  So am I, darn it, so I'm sure this will be home.  I can close doors to limit her territory and "baby proof" so she can explore safely once she is out of her fenced in area.

I tapped out everyone who loves cats finding homes for the other 2 kittens. I would not let a stranger take her. I want to know who she will be living with.

She has had a tough start and if she is here she will get everything she needs and then some.

I always said when I die I want to come back as one of my pets. Any animal we have had has a good life.

Trusted Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@LillyBee2   About 5 yrs. ago I brought in an orange male about 7 weeks old.  He was the best cat.  He thought everyone who came to the house was here to see him. He wanted to be friends with my cat and shewanted nothing to do with him. She never hurt him but she never made friends with him.

We had to put him down when he was 9 mos old.  He had congestive heart failure.

She has never been a friendly cat and at 11 she is really set in her ways.

That story sounds similar to our home.  We had a orange baby named Teddy who we had to have put down - to this day his picture brings tears to our eyes.  So precious.

Super Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  Bless you! A toddler with claws and teeth, who's cuddly.

I'd be a goner- that 'lil' puddy tat woulda already found a home with me.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sounds as if she was ment to be with you, as if someone sent her to you for a reason.Smiley Happy

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Gosh, that is what my kitten weighed when I brought her home at 8 weeks - 2 lbs. and she was into everything.  She found an opening at the bottom of a kitchen cabinet so I had to plug that up.  Yes, kittens have plenty of energy.  Feed them Kitten Chow for 1 year.  I hope you find a home for the kitten.  She/he needs love.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

We have a feral cat.  She was born and raised in the woods. (the state park)  She was found by a rescue group.  We adopted her. She was about 3 months old then. Feral cats are a little bit different then more "domesticated" cats.  They rarely purr.  In the wild it's necessary  for cats to be silent.  To stalk prey.  So kittens don't purr or make vocal sounds. She also doesn't knead on us.  She sometimes knead the "air" but never on us.