Respected Contributor

Re: Time to renew Sirius; what are you paying?

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

I purchased a new car in March and received a 3 (or 4?) month free trial of Sirius.  After the free trial ran out, I decided not to pay for the service and I've gotten several offers in the mail since then practically begging me to sign up at $5.00/month for 12 months.  After the 12 months, it goes back up to the normal rate (which I forget the amount per month).  I just got two seoarate notices in the mail yesterday.  I found that I really didn't like it enough to pay for it....even at $5.00/month. 

Same. I have yet to find a channel I like.  I was hoping for some that are all music and no talk or on-air personalities. And with so many trees and mountains here it keeps cutting out.   Definitely won't pay for it when it runs out.

Respected Contributor

@RainyDayGal wrote:

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

I purchased a new car in March and received a 3 (or 4?) month free trial of Sirius.  After the free trial ran out, I decided not to pay for the service and I've gotten several offers in the mail since then practically begging me to sign up at $5.00/month for 12 months.  After the 12 months, it goes back up to the normal rate (which I forget the amount per month).  I just got two seoarate notices in the mail yesterday.  I found that I really didn't like it enough to pay for it....even at $5.00/month. 

Same. I have yet to find a channel I like.  I was hoping for some that are all music and no talk or on-air personalities. And with so many trees and mountains here it keeps cutting out.   Definitely won't pay for it when it runs out.

————————

While you still have it, the bridge is soft rock with no DJs. 

Honored Contributor

@patbz wrote:

Once again I need to call Sirius and do the negotiation dance.  What are you currently paying? Do they have a Senior Rate?  Thanx in advance.

@patbz    I decided no more doing the negotiation dance... so stupid and I will not do time wasting phone call   ever again. Done with that Sirius for good. Now 9 months without it I do not miss it one bit. 

Respected Contributor

My friend renewed for $7/month.  Must be willing to really cancel if that should happen.

Honored Contributor

I pay $10.08, but have it in just one vehicle.  I still go channel surfing/crazy with 5 preset channels in general.  Drives DH nuts.

Honored Contributor

We are ALL on a fixed income!  My pay doesn't change either!  Haven't had a raise since before Covid and the shutdowns hurt our company so I don't expect one.

We are paying over $100 for EACH car, per year...3 cars.

We have decided to let it go when this period runs out.

I only listen to one channel on it anyways.  Once we cancel, if they 'bargin' us, I would reactivate my daughter's car.

DH & I will do w/o no matter what they offer. 

Respected Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

I pay $10.08, but have it in just one vehicle.  I still go channel surfing/crazy with 5 preset channels in general.  Drives DH nuts.

———————

Same here: 60s,80s,the bridge,classic vinyl,classic rewind,soul town 🙂

Respected Contributor

I recently had to buy a car and it came with 3 months free, I think they are offering me a $5.00 fee to renew. I'm not going to because I hardly drive at all and it's notworth the price to have it.I think I hear about 4 tunes in my travels. I'll just listen to free radio.

Honored Contributor

$0

Came FREE w/my car.  Then I transferred my acct over to my 3 DOTs.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac wrote:

$0

Came FREE w/my car.  Then I transferred my acct over to my 3 DOTs.

@Mz iMac I don't understand what you mean. Department of Transportation compliant vehicles? So you have 3 Sirius accounts on separate vehicles and pay nothing? We  had free Sirius radio when we bought our car but never used it. Decided not to purchase when the free trial ran out.
"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain