Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Time to renew Sirius; what are you paying?

Once again I need to call Sirius and do the negotiation dance.  What are you currently paying? Do they have a Senior Rate?  Thanx in advance.

Respected Contributor

Re: Time to renew Sirius; what are you paying?

I pay $28.63 a month.  Looking forward to further responses to see if my rate is a good one or not, thanks!

Frequent Contributor

My last renewal was $119.86 for a year of total access. 

Esteemed Contributor

I purchased a new car in March and received a 3 (or 4?) month free trial of Sirius.  After the free trial ran out, I decided not to pay for the service and I've gotten several offers in the mail since then practically begging me to sign up at $5.00/month for 12 months.  After the 12 months, it goes back up to the normal rate (which I forget the amount per month).  I just got two seoarate notices in the mail yesterday.  I found that I really didn't like it enough to pay for it....even at $5.00/month. 

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

$6.06 monthly. You have to be serious about letting it be canceled to really negotiate well in my opinion. No pun intended lol.

Honored Contributor

We ended up giving it up. I can listen to the talk shows in enjoy on AM and DH plays the music we like using his phone paired to the car speakers. 

Honored Contributor

@tucsongal wrote:

You have to be serious about letting it be canceled to really negotiate well in my opinion.

That is true.  If necessary, let your subscription lapse.  After a month or so, they'll shower you with bargain rates.

Regular Contributor

$72.84 for 12 months which includes some kind of music royalty fee.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanx for everybody's input; I paid $6.01 ( special rate, wink wink) they said couldn't do it but I reminded them I've been a customer for 15 years and am a Senior citizen on fixed income and if they couldn't give me that rate I'd cancel.  They came right around.  We take many long car trips through it isolated mountain and desert areas; I love my Sirius.

Respected Contributor

@tucsongal wrote:

$6.06 monthly. You have to be serious about letting it be canceled to really negotiate well in my opinion. No pun intended lol.

@tucsongal , this is what my husband pays.  He's had to tell them "No" emphatically several times in order to get what he wants.  Each year he only pays for April - Sept.  The rest of that time his car is in the garage because heaven forbid a little PA winter slush should get on it!  Smiley LOL