Honored Contributor

OMG, you brought back a childhood memory!   When I was a kid, my Dad always had a puzzle going in the winter.   Some puzzles were more challenging than others, but it was fun family time on cold evenings.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Time to get out the card table and put a puzzle together

Funny that this thread came up..I just donated about 5 jigsaws after doing some closet cleaning!!  In the past I could entertain my grandchildren with them when they came to stay and also I enjoy them!  But now it seems the kids have no interest in them, they are all on their little electronic devices when they visit!  DRIVES ME BANANAS!!    I still like to do them on bad weather days so I saved a couple!  I have a Noahs Ark that is my favorite and will never part with!!Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

Cattitude.:

Esteemed Contributor

I do them online through Facebook!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I had an "older" neighbor years ago who used glue the puzzles onto boards after she finished them and hang them in her garage.  I always thought that was such a good idea.  

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44

Yup!! That's my kitty at night when all is quiet...running with his brother and jumping on the table I do my puzzle on.

Next morning, if I forget to close the door its history for my hard work and puzzle pieces all over!

Love the pic!

Esteemed Contributor

You remind me of my gram, QualityGal. She loves puzzles and almost always has one going..

She once forgot to pick up my granddad from the airport because she had just "one more piece" to find. LOL
Esteemed Contributor

@brii wrote:

Once I start with a puzzle, I have to finish it.

1000 pieces - ackkkk!

I don't do puzzles but DH... won't stop til it's done.  Is there a medical term for this sickness?!  

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

@brii wrote:

Once I start with a puzzle, I have to finish it.

1000 pieces - ackkkk!

I don't do puzzles but DH... won't stop til it's done.  Is there a medical term for this sickness?!  

Fun?

LOL, we didn't do them as kids but 2 of my sisters have them going all the time as well.  We used to sit around and do puzzles as we visited, everyone has long moved away so it's still a fond memory.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Trusted Contributor

For me puzzles are like h*** on earth-Smiley Happy I just didn't get the puzzle gene. My daughter however liked them and used to do a bunch before she was in her teens. Enjoy!