Honored Contributor

Re: Time speeds bye too fast!

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

Oh my, this is so completely true.  Remember how slow it seemed to be to age from 10 to 20.  Now try to remember aging from 40 to 50.  It goes like lightening the older you get.  

@Peaches McPhee.......wait till you get close to 80.  It really goes by fast.  Believe me, I know.

Honored Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

Oh my, this is so completely true.  Remember how slow it seemed to be to age from 10 to 20.  Now try to remember aging from 40 to 50.  It goes like lightening the older you get.  

Just a few years ago, when I turned 60, I was just freaked out.   NO!  I cannot be 60 years old.  It just can't be.  It doesn't make sense.

It really took me a while to even talk about it, or think about it, because it was like some kind of Twilight Zone thing.

Honored Contributor

I know the older you get the faster it goes by. I will be gone before you know it.

Honored Contributor

Oh my, I have found those little "Post It" notes to come in handy.  Have them all over the place.....don't want to forget anything.  

Trusted Contributor

I so agree.  You blink and wonder where the time has gone.

Everyone seems to be moving so fast these days...Im trying to pause more, take things in, watch, listen and BE in each moment as best as I can. 

Honored Contributor

@ShowMe wrote:

Oh my, I have found those little "Post It" notes to come in handy.  Have them all over the place.....don't want to forget anything.  

I do Post-It notes, too, and it works well - when you don't lose them. d'oh!   Smiley Frustrated

I remember how I used to think of some things and in my head I'd be saying 'Oh, I'll remember that'.    Then came the time when I had to realize that, no, I won't remember that so I better write it down or diary it on the computer or the phone.  You have to do it right then, too!  No walking into the next room because by the time you get there you will have already forgotten what 'the thing' was.   Smiley Very Happy

Regular Contributor

This thread makes me feel better!  I have noticed the last couple years that weeks feel like days and i thought i was going crazy. It's good to know I'm not the only one!

Honored Contributor

@Nancy Drew

I was thinking the same thing.....its already October, pretty soon it will be Halloween, then Thanksgiving and before we know it Christmas and New Years!

But I Hate summer--too hot or too long here in Texas--- May until end of September----these months seem to DRAG on and on.....Woman Frustrated  So for me its fall/winter that seems to SPEED UP maybe its all the events/holidays so close together during this time ....but NOT summer...........Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Can anybody listen to "Sunrise, Sunset" without bawling?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@ShowMe wrote:

@ShowMe

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have those on my computer screen so I will remember to check out View Your Deal & GMA deals & I still forget. ROFLMAO