Esteemed Contributor

Re: Time speeds bye too fast!

@chickenbutt  I'm so sorry chickenbutt. You certainly turned out well in spite of your mom. Give yourself a hug and a pat on the back!! 

Thank you for the kind words. Mom was a very special intelligent, career woman. I spent the last 14 years walking the dementia path with her to keep fear and angst away. We definately had a role-reversal. She's in a much better place now. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I remember when 'old people' used to tell us that time goes by fast as you get older.    I also remember thinking 'oh geez, old people say the weirdest things!'.    

They were right!  Smiley Very Happy

@chickenbutt......and us "old people" still say that....and we are right.  lol

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee

@Pearlee wrote:

:"Play it.  Play it, Sam."

This is going through my head as I've read this thread.

"You must remember this, a kiss is just a kiss, a sigh is just a sigh.  The fundamental things apply...as time goes by."

good one...I Also  think of “time in a bottle” and “cats in the cradle” by Cat Stevens 

Esteemed Contributor

I’ve noticed this too, especially since I retired.  Weeks seem to speed by.  I don’t feel like there’s enough time to enjoy/savor the days, especially when the weather is nice.   

Honored Contributor

This thread made me think of this song.  Makes me cry each time I hear it.  Maybe not totally relevant to the subject title, but it feels that way to me.  I have to go cry a little more now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHCob76kigA&start_radio=1&list=RDLHCob76kigA

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Azcowgirl wrote:

@Pearlee

@Pearlee wrote:

:"Play it.  Play it, Sam."

This is going through my head as I've read this thread.

"You must remember this, a kiss is just a kiss, a sigh is just a sigh.  The fundamental things apply...as time goes by."

good one...I Also  think of “time in a bottle” and “cats in the cradle” by Cat Stevens 

@Azcowgirl  I love both of those songs!  And the fact that we remember them so well means time really does go by!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady.......I feel the same way about my father.  Think of him so often.  Especially since I have been battling this cancer thing.  There have been many days when I just wished I could feel his arms around me giving me a big hug.  He has been gone since 1972.

Things will get easier as time goes on, but you will never forget.....  Hang in there.....Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you, @ShowMe. I'm fine. Been through a sudden death, which was much more difficult. Just felt a pang of sadness when talking with my DIL about Thanksgiving at my house, again. Didn't realize I'm not ready for another empty chair. I've faced those empty chairs before and will survive again. Life goes on. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

Oh my, this is so completely true.  Remember how slow it seemed to be to age from 10 to 20.  Now try to remember aging from 40 to 50.  It goes like lightening the older you get.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

Thank you, @ShowMe. I'm fine. Been through a sudden death, which was much more difficult. Just felt a pang of sadness when talking with my DIL about Thanksgiving at my house, again. Didn't realize I'm not ready for another empty chair. I've faced those empty chairs before and will survive again. Life goes on. 

@BirkiLady......I gathered that from your posts on here.  For that I am so very sorry.  Maybe just one more year, if possible, someone else could have the dinner at their home.....like your DIL......   Will say an extra prayer for you.