Honored Contributor

Re: Time speeds bye too fast!

@chickenbutt wrote:

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

Oh my, this is so completely true.  Remember how slow it seemed to be to age from 10 to 20.  Now try to remember aging from 40 to 50.  It goes like lightening the older you get.  

Just a few years ago, when I turned 60, I was just freaked out.   NO!  I cannot be 60 years old.  It just can't be.  It doesn't make sense.

It really took me a while to even talk about it, or think about it, because it was like some kind of Twilight Zone thing.

@chickenbutt

I know what you mean I just turned 60 in Feb. What a bummer.

I sure don't feel or act like I'm 60.

Most of my friends freaked out when they turned 50. Did not hit me like that until 60.

As far as Twilight Zone we both feel like we have went thru a time warp or something.  Seems like every time we turn around Stupid is going on. I don't know what happened but we want to go back where we were before it happened. LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

Oh my, this is so completely true.  Remember how slow it seemed to be to age from 10 to 20.  Now try to remember aging from 40 to 50.  It goes like lightening the older you get.  

Just a few years ago, when I turned 60, I was just freaked out.   NO!  I cannot be 60 years old.  It just can't be.  It doesn't make sense.

It really took me a while to even talk about it, or think about it, because it was like some kind of Twilight Zone thing.

@chickenbutt

I know what you mean I just turned 60 in Feb. What a bummer.

I sure don't feel or act like I'm 60.

Most of my friends freaked out when they turned 50. Did not hit me like that until 60.

As far as Twilight Zone we both feel like we have went thru a time warp or something.  Seems like every time we turn around Stupid is going on. I don't know what happened but we want to go back where we were before it happened. LOL!!!

@Nightowlz@chickenbutt........OMGosh, you two reminded me of the day I turned 40.  Was at work, and I was teary eyed all day.  My boss wanted to know what was wrong, didn't want to tell him it was my birthday, but did tell him I just turned 40 that day.  He laughed.....and one of his comments was wait till you turn 50.  The day I turned 50 was still at the same job, but had a different boss.  Didn't say a word to him.....but I was in an extremely good mood.  That was so long ago......  In 1 1/4 years I will be 80.

And today I thank God for every day I am here.  That is what counts in my book.

Honored Contributor

It's interesting the different years that freaked each of us out.

Oddly (well, I'm never like anybody else. hehe), my last one before 60 that freaked me out was 27.    I have no clue as to why 27 kind of messed with my head.   It wasn't anywhere nearly as strong and visceral as 60, however.    That one still kind of perplexes me.  I'll be 64 next month and I guess I've settled into it - for the most part.  Smiley Happy

What was really weird was that, when we got these stupid security cameras for around the house (yeah, I rather hate them!), and I first saw myself on camera I was shocked - holy heck, I look like somebody's grandmother!

Now, to personalize that, I'm NOT saying that anything is wrong with being a grandmother.  But when you have gone through life not having kids it's beyond startling.   It's hard to describe without going on a tangent, but it was just really weird!  

Before anybody comes out with 'age is just a number' - yeah, we get that.  Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ShowMe  My DIL doesn't cook! She tried Thanksgiving years ago (before they were married). Both her mom and I helped from afar (by phone) while my son coached her on preparing the turkey. Yes, even HE knows how to cook a turkey! After many, many phone calls I drove over and literally walked her through the process. She's from a huge family and everyone was invited for the production. I didn't say a word about arriving early and helping cook the meal! She hasn't offered to host a holiday since. To this day, her entire family (including her mom) thinks she pulled it off!

Our family? We laugh about her lack of culinary skills and she's good with the humor. Thus, I'll host holidays like always. I've had my year to grieve. We've gone out to restaurants so I didn't have to see an empty seat at my dining table. I've been blessed with a family who understood and also needed time to grieve. We all were raw. It's time to move on; life is for the living. 

Thanks for your thoughtfulness. Truly, I am fine. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.