Esteemed Contributor

Re: Time for a new "worst commercial on TV" thead?

Dr. Pepper.  There's some dumb guy riding a Jet Ski in a living room.  It's just beyond stupid.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

I do not like the one advertising a medicine for people who have heart disease and they sing the song from Annie, tomorrow is only a day away. It is not hopeful, just depressing and a reminder of time and heart disease, the message is clear, you may not have a tomorrow and no one needs to be reminded of that. It is sad and I so dislike the song now.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ROMARY wrote:

Spurt (again):  Oh, wait.  That's the one where the child is racing in his mini whatever along side of his parent who's racing down the street in a car.  Then both of them take a fast left onto their driveway.  OMGosh.............I can't imagine what would happen if a child copies doing what is done in this commercial. 

@ROMARY

Yep, that's the commercial.............and its bad enough because a while back I saw on the news a similar incident, before this commercial even aired, it involved a bicycle instead of a big wheel, parents didnt see the child on the bicycle (in their blind spot) and the child was killed ..........so sad, so tragic............and then I saw this commercial---the car company is irresponsible for sure giving the kids an idea to recklessly race with a car...........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

I don't like any of the ones already mentioned either but the one that gets me grabbing the remote the fastest is that awful Volvo commercial with the absent man with that creepy monotone voice droning on and on about the car , I guess.   I wouldn't drive a Volvo now if they gave it to me.  

Honored Contributor

Ick, I just saw that Zyrtec commercial where the girl sneezes into some kind of drink topped off with whipped cream and it ends up all over the windshield . . . c'mon that's just gross . . . boo.

Smiley Sad

Valued Contributor

I dislike the Booking.com commercial where the Kindergardan teacher is thinking about her vacation, while the students are wreaking havoc in that classroom.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sylanne wrote:

I dislike the Booking.com commercial where the Kindergardan teacher is thinking about her vacation, while the students are wreaking havoc in that classroom.

@Sylanne

I dislike that one, too.

The kids in that commercial are bratty little heathens!

Honored Contributor

all commericals are awful. some are so stupid the advertizers must think we are a bunch of morons.

i usually tune them out or go do something when a commerical comes on.

if i record my favorite show, i can fast forward thru those pesky commericals.

Respected Contributor

V.I. Poo

Gimme a break. 🙄

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Respected Contributor

@elruth wrote:

I dislike the one with the woman who has no eyebrows saying in a throaty supposedly seductive voice. " It's Pretzels, baby! " Totally ridiculous.

And what's with the odd black wig?

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )