Honored Contributor

Re: Time for a new "worst commercial on TV" thead?

@Pandalady wrote:

"Hail Caesar Salad" Geico commercial...just dumb!

I also don't like the VIPoo commericals, either.

@Pandalady

I saw the V.I.Poo commercial for the first time this week.  I was mortified.  But when I rewound it and subjected Better-half to it, he had a good point. 

He was wondering if it would work for "asparagus pee."

Or would Air Wick have to market a sister product: V.I.Pee?

Clearly the ad works.  We're discussing it here and actually remember the name of the product.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

I agree that all the ads mentioned here are absolutely awful. To me, though, the ads for prescription drugs are all terrible. Just listening to those side effects is reason enough to keep discussion of these medications in doctors'offices and pharmacies. As far as I know, only one other country allows these kinds of ads. I really wish they would stop. Drumming up demand via ads for potentially dangerous drugs is the height of irresponsibility.

Honored Contributor

@elruth wrote:

I dislike the one with the woman who has no eyebrows saying in a throaty supposedly seductive voice. " It's Pretzels, baby! " Totally ridiculous.

@elruth That is one creepy lady!

Honored Contributor

@Vivian Florimond wrote:

I agree that all the ads mentioned here are absolutely awful. To me, though, the ads for prescription drugs are all terrible. Just listening to those side effects is reason enough to keep discussion of these medications in doctors'offices and pharmacies. As far as I know, only one other country allows these kinds of ads. I really wish they would stop. Drumming up demand via ads for potentially dangerous drugs is the height of irresponsibility.

@Vivian when I hear the list of possible side effects, I tell myself I would rather suffer from the condition they are supposed to fix.

Honored Contributor

Any lawyer commercials or car salesmen.  I hate people screaming and acting the fool.   Grow up !

Esteemed Contributor

The gummy bear where adults are talking like babies.

VI Poo

And the one with the girl dressed up as an intestinal track. 

Esteemed Contributor

The ones that I don't care for is the Haribo's gummy bears cand commercial, where the adults have voices of little kids.

Another one is where a kindergarten teacher is standing there while her classroom runs amuck, as she talks about using Travelocity's (?) feature to change resort preferance from kid-friendly, to kid-free.

And one for Suddenlink cable, where the woman is watching a sad movie, and she starts crying, and saying, "No! No!", then her husband, who is sitting next to her, is reading over the Dish bill, and he starts to cry, and saying "No! No!". The wife gives him a dirty look, like "Why are you crying?"

Valued Contributor

I agree with another post about the drug commercials. They talk fast and list every side effect for 5 minutes...fyi.."death" is not a side effect.

Also ( this is probably a regional thing) Time Warner/Spectrum cable commercials...

It's for these reasons I now stream most of what I watch commercial free.

Valued Contributor

Lots of irritating ones mentioned here already.

I will add:  any Expedia, Booking.com, etc. ad:  I work in the industry and these sites are not cheaper.  Nor do they mention that hotels are limited in services that can be provided to you when booking through these sites.  This can cause terrible issues but hotel hands are often tied.  Nor can guests receive the hotel brand rewards points.   There are so many more downsides.  Same situation with airlines.  Our hands are tied.

ALWAYS book direct with the hotel or airline website and make sure it the the real brand website.

Occasional Contributor

All ads for prescription drugs. How many millions are pharmaceutical companies spending on TV advertising?!
All Liberty Mutual Insurance ads. These are the two groups that I dislike the most and always mute. Even if I'm in another room! I come back into the room where the TV is on just to mute them.