Respected Contributor

Re: Time for a new "worst commercial on TV" thead?

Any "My Pillow" ad....the guy looks like someone you would see picking his nose while waiting at a red light in the car beside you.....

The guy smacking his food...."Food you want to fork"....TOO contrived...works too hard to make a point.

Any and all "Humane Society" ads. I wonder if anyone contributes...who can watch them long enough to see the phone number? And, they run so long, that you still risk seeing part of them when you switch back to your program that you changed the channel for....

And.....the one for some match-making website, where the woman, HER kid, and the bald guy are sitting on a bench and HE is going on about how she's the only one match for him....He looks like someone who will be on "the Dr. Phil" show in the near future taking a lie-detector test to see if he molested the kid. ( and NO not because he's bald....the ad is just creepy some how).

Valued Contributor

I can't stand the sexy Mr Clean.

Esteemed Contributor

@Othereeeen wrote:

Any "My Pillow" ad....the guy looks like someone you would see picking his nose while waiting at a red light in the car beside you.....

@Othereeeen

LOL!!!  Smiley LOL

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Esteemed Contributor

@Tsukiko wrote:

I can't stand the sexy Mr Clean.

@Tsukiko

I just looked that one up...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDzMxlw2Fgo

In the description it says:  "Mr. Clean satisfies in every room of the house, and there’s a new Mr. Clean Super Bowl commercial to prove it!"

O...kay.

What's most surprising is that the Mr. Clean YouTube channel has over 21,000 subscribers.  (Really???)

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

I see a woman lately on Trivago commercials. What happened to the guy, he must have gone on vacation!! At least he knows who to check with. LOL

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

@momtochloe, my husband just saw the commercial, and it's an Aldi commercial that made us laugh.

HA!  @qualitygal I just saw the commercial . . . talk about tee hee! . . . and the ironic part is I almost choked on my Aldi's Rosemary and Olive Oil cracker while I was watching it . . . great commercial!  Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

So true about the cruelty commercials....so sad and guilt provoking.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't like the "My Pillow" guy either. He comes across as a con-artist.

And any E-Harmony ad. They're stupid, and I can't stand them.

Respected Contributor

The one with the girl tattooing a mans arm while eating a Milky Way and messes up the tat! Totally stupid!!  

-Texas Hill Country-