Honored Contributor

I absolutely hate it.  I hate going to work when it's dark and coming home when it's dark.  I'll be ready for bed at 8:00.  LOL

Honored Contributor

Image result for fall back time gif cat\

Honored Contributor
70S GIF
Honored Contributor

Re: Time change Fall back

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Pook wrote:

I hate standard time.  It's not as nature intended as someone stated but how someone set it up at some point several thousand years ago when choosing to start keeping units of time smaller than days on a calandar.

well @Pook......mother nature did not tell us to change the clocks either.....the government did. we will be back to the way mother nature intended the day to to go, clock or not.. it really has nothing to do with numbers on the clock but the amount of daylight and sunlight we are exposed to daily.

Well, at some point back about 4,000 years ago there was no such thing as a clock or hours in a day.  Someone  decided to parcel out smaller time periods for each day and assign numbers to each parceled small blocks of time and make a clock.  Mother nature had/has nothing whatsoever to do with clocks.  The amount of daylight is still the same - just a change in the number of the hour!

Trusted Contributor

i hateit when we change back.  i find that the longer nights make me depressed and it is hard to really do anything .  but then i hate winter too.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

love going back to STANDARD time.....the way mother nature intended......

@sunshine45

Me too! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@redwingsgal wrote:

I wish we would stop jumping forward and falling back, this happens naturally via God's hands.  

That being said, I look forward to getting my hour back!  And I like when it gets dark earlier, so I don't go to bed in daylight (like June and July) 

@redwingsgal @sunshine45

I especially hate DST in the summer! Here in Texas the sun doesnt start setting until almost 9PM!!!!  Then it takes more time for it to get dark and start to cool off......I wish we'd stick with Standard Time year round.....it would help our summer utility bills too.......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Pook wrote:

I hate standard time.  It's not as nature intended as someone stated but how someone set it up at some point several thousand years ago when choosing to start keeping units of time smaller than days on a calandar.

well @Pook......mother nature did not tell us to change the clocks either.....the government did. we will be back to the way mother nature intended the day to to go, clock or not.. it really has nothing to do with numbers on the clock but the amount of daylight and sunlight we are exposed to daily.

@sunshine45

two-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I know there is some move to get rid of DST in all states. It would literally take "an act of congress" as the saying goes.....I didn't know Florida was changing it there. I personally hate to see it get dark so much earlier....takes me a while to get used to the change....I think it's time to get ready for bed when I see it so dark outside....then I see it's 5:30!

Honored Contributor

Am glad it's at least after Halloween so dusk comes sooner for the little kids.