Trusted Contributor

Re: Time Person of the Year for 2019 is...

Just my opinion guys. Have a good day everyone.😊
Esteemed Contributor

Having your own opinion is generally frowned upon by many here.  Your opinion needs to conform with the rulers of the forums. You'll learn that over time.

Respected Contributor

Children are, always, the only future the human race has.

Honored Contributor

She's a great pick. Look at how she's brought awareness to people who normally wouldn't hear about these issues from a pro-environment pro-science perspective.

I know some here don't believe we need to do anything special to take care of the environment and the planet. But the younger generations disagree with that, and they are the ones who will have to live here after we're gone. It's fine if you don't want to help--everyone who cares will just work around you.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Valued Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@Scorpio1971 

Thanks for posting!

This is a good choice.

@sidsmom 

You're welcome. 

Unfortunately some have chosen to turn this choice into a controversial topic, whether political because of their own beliefs, or raising controversy over the medical or family issues of this young lady.  My post was for newsworthy informational purposes, and not intended to be political or controversial.  Some people should just stop and think first, and then just STOP. 🤔

Thank you again for your reply. 😊

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I saw her interview with Trevor Noah and she really seems like a nice girl.  She came to the U.S. on a sailing ship and when it pulled into NY Harbor she told Noah that it smelled bad from pollution and the noise and the largeness of everything in NYC was hard for her and she mentioned that New Yorkers talk so loudly.   She then took a train to appear on the Ellen Show and looked totally overwhelmed by the audience screaming when Ellen called her name to come out and she seemed very timid.  Ellen did her best to extract information but basically it was what she has already spoken about.  Asked if she would want to meet potus and she said, what for?  I am not going to be telling him anything new that others have not already told him, so no there is no point in meeting him.  All in all, I wish her well and hope that the leaders of the world listen but as we all know, China has no intention of doing so. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it could be deemed political

Honored Contributor

@Scorpio1971 wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@Scorpio1971 

Thanks for posting!

This is a good choice.

@sidsmom 

You're welcome. 

Unfortunately some have chosen to turn this choice into a controversial topic, whether political because of their own beliefs, or raising controversy over the medical or family issues of this young lady.  My post was for newsworthy informational purposes, and not intended to be political or controversial.  Some people should just stop and think first, and then just STOP. 🤔

I'm telling you there are some people who really really really get triggered by her. So even mentioning her name is going to get major backsplash.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Valued Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@Scorpio1971 wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@Scorpio1971 

Thanks for posting!

This is a good choice.

@sidsmom 

You're welcome. 

I'm telling you there are some people who really really really get triggered by her. So even mentioning her name is going to get major backsplash.

@Porcelain 

Really have to feel bad for them and their lives if they cannot live in this world without nitpicking.

Respected Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

Do any of you know about the problems this child has? Her parents are using her as a prop instead of addressing her many issues. Just sad.

Thank you for expressing the other side of this girl's life.  Time made a very poor choice.