Trusted Contributor

Re: Time Person of the Year for 2019 is...

This young woman, along with many young people, has been terrified into believing that the world is going to end in ten to twelve years. Let's teach our young people to get involved & be active...but please let us not terrify them. I'm not trying to stir anything up. I'm just giving my opinion.
Honored Contributor

Terrible choice. So many deserving people overlooked, just sad. 

Regular Contributor

So Johnny, it should be addressed to JEWELL 22, I guess I was just so disgusted by her remarks, that I was ignorant and did not double check the comment author.  Very sorry.

Esteemed Contributor

Having your parents as your script and speech writers is terrifically helpful.  Particularly after they indoctrinate you into the anthropogenic climate change school of thought.

Respected Contributor

They do not believe the world is ending in 10 years. Science has told us that we will reach a tipping point in 10 years if we dont take climate action now. STOP with the false information. Or what I like to call LIES.
Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

Terrible choice. So many deserving people overlooked, just sad. 

Why do you think this?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@bobby5 wrote:
This young woman, along with many young people, has been terrified into believing that the world is going to end in ten to twelve years. Let's teach our young people to get involved & be active...but please let us not terrify them. I'm not trying to stir anything up. I'm just giving my opinion.

Scare tactics work for awhile then fizzles out, common sense approach is more sustainable and achieve results.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Regular Contributor

RETRN:  I suppose you would prefer a CEO/CFO of a pharmaceutical company that developed another overpriced drug?  Or an aged person with aged visions?  Look around, there must be changes in our world, it is falling apart.

Honored Contributor

Time will tell about it all.  For myself I am still waiting for the "Killer Bees" my fourth grade teacher first told us about in 1971 that were on their way to Texas.  Would be here by the time I graduated high school (1980) in abundance and would be killing many many people.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

She is an amazing young woman.  The hope for our country and the world remains with young people.  Their passion and dedication is inspiring and should give everyone hope.

I have not heard, nor read, anything designed to tear this girl down.  Of course, if one is not concerned about climate change or are in complete denial, negative gossip is a cheap shot aimed at denial of her cause.  Attacking “the messenger”

is a time-worn tactic.

@PamfromCT 

Yeah, it was well documented by an 'official in a national capacity'

who sarcastically mocked this young woman on a worldwide stage 

(Twitter).

People are trying hard to make her climate concerns a political issue.

It's not.

It's something, which all of us on a worldwide scale, should be working

on to fix....if not for ourselves, but for our children & our children's

children & beyond.  

Stunning to see so many short-sighted people in the world.