Valued Contributor

Re: TikTok and our young folk

@BarbieDollToo wrote:

@Stelladorable wrote:

They do stuff like this because they are kids with kids brains and do not have the capability of estimating consequences. It's a stupid stunt like tide pods.

Kids with kids brains?  I don't know about you, but at 16 I knew better.  My kids knew better.  Stupid is as stupid does.

Sorry, children's brains are not developed until their twenties. It's a scientific fact. Be grateful you and your children were advanced beyond their brain development. My kids did plenty of stupid and so did I.

Valued Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Stelladorable wrote:

They do stuff like this because they are kids with kids brains and do not have the capability of estimating consequences. It's a stupid stunt like tide pods.

@Stelladorable What's the excuse for the adults to participate in these challenges?

I didn't read where an adult was involved. I'll read your post again, but I think adults who would say someone died to shock another needs a psychiatrist.

Honored Contributor

Even though it's been around for quite awhile, I don't know anything about TikTok.

I guess I'll take a look over there one of these days.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Frequent Contributor

@Stelladorable wrote:

@BarbieDollToo wrote:

@Stelladorable wrote:

Kids with kids brains?  I don't know about you, but at 16 I knew better.  My kids knew better.  Stupid is as stupid does.

Sorry, children's brains are not developed until their twenties. It's a scientific fact. Be grateful you and your children were advanced beyond their brain development. My kids did plenty of stupid and so did I.

Well, hopefully common sense comes into play before you have to reach your twenties.  Not to mention, in my state anyway, you only have to be 19 to become a police officer so hopefully your brain is developed enough to be armed and sharp enough to make split second decisions and think on your feet.  Only have to be 16 to drive on your own, 18 to make voting choices and on and on.  

In regard to your last sentence, I wouldn't brag about it.

Super Contributor

It’s the adults too. Social media can be helpful but also can be horribly used for attention and cruelty towards humans and animals. People also hide behind a keyboard to spread nasty remarks. Even if you try to do good, you can be attacked or your motives questioned.
Esteemed Contributor

@Stelladorable wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Stelladorable wrote:

@Stelladorable What's the excuse for the adults to participate in these challenges?

I didn't read where an adult was involved. I'll read your post again, but I think adults who would say someone died to shock another needs a psychiatrist.

@Stelladorable no, not for what this young man, but this was a challenge on TikTok and there is no way to know how many adults have participated in this or  any other of these stupid challenges.  Some, having awful consequences at the end.  Just no way to know.  I know it's not all young people who use Tik Tok though.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@LadyAlice wrote:
It’s the adults too. Social media can be helpful but also can be horribly used for attention and cruelty towards humans and animals. People also hide behind a keyboard to spread nasty remarks. Even if you try to do good, you can be attacked or your motives questioned.

@LadyAlice This right here ^^^^^^^^^

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Valued Contributor

@BarbieDollToo wrote:

@Stelladorable wrote:

@BarbieDollToo wrote:

@Stelladorable wrote:

Well, hopefully common sense comes into play before you have to reach your twenties.  Not to mention, in my state anyway, you only have to be 19 to become a police officer so hopefully your brain is developed enough to be armed and sharp enough to make split second decisions and think on your feet.  Only have to be 16 to drive on your own, 18 to make voting choices and on and on.  

In regard to your last sentence, I wouldn't brag about it.

Some states aren't too swift with regard to science. Evidently you live in one. No brag. Human nature, recorded throughout history, defined by science and the truth. All things anathema to the deluded.

Trusted Contributor

It seems most TikToc posters are more concerned hoping their video will go "viral" instead of thinking about the consequences.   

Once a video trend goes viral then people try and outdo each other to get the most views and shock value.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't do Tik Tok and do not open anything someone sends me from Tik Tok. I have seen enough of it on National news to know I want absolutely nothing to do with it.

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)