Honored Contributor

Re: Tiger Woods in bad car accident and is hospitalized

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

I'm just curious - how did they establish how fast he was going?

@chickenbutt  Tiger was driving a borrowed Genesis SUV from the golfing event he attended.  When the airbags were triggered, the SUV’s event data recorder (black box) captured speeds before and after the initial impact of 82.02 mph to 86.99 mph.

Ah, I see.  Thank You.    I still have a 20th century car so I don't know about all these new-fangled things.  Smiley Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

I think he is so well liked and polite and due to the severity of his injuries law enforcement probably felt he was punished enough. 

Honored Contributor

I heard on the news that Tiger did not get a ticket for speeding b/c he wasn't actually recorded speeding by a police officer. Also, he won't be cited for reckless driving either b/c of lack of police evidence that he was in fact speeding.

Esteemed Contributor

I feel strongly had that been you or me that had done that our phones would have been checked for texting, blood drawn for drugs and/or alcohol, and at the very least instantly stating speed was the cause without waiting for permission for us to state if it was ok.  I think I heard they finally released the cause due to outside pressure.   It is by the grace that he didn't crash into somebody and nobody else was injured.

Respected Contributor

@agb80 wrote:

I think he is so well liked and polite and due to the severity of his injuries law enforcement probably felt he was punished enough. 

But that's not law enforcement's call, is it?

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Trusted Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

@agb80 wrote:

But that's not law enforcement's call, is it?

@IamMrsGno, it is not. 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I heard on the news that Tiger did not get a ticket for speeding b/c he wasn't actually recorded speeding by a police officer. Also, he won't be cited for reckless driving either b/c of lack of police evidence that he was in fact speeding.

@SilleeMeeyet law enforcement always seems to know when anyone else is speeding by skidmarks and damage to the vehicle.  Also, as someone mentioned that car had a recording device that said what his speed was.  Just all lame excuses to pretend that they're not treating him differently than anyone else.

Trusted Contributor

I.  Don't.  Care.  Woman Sad

His ex should have offed him when he came home after tom-catting years ago.

dee

@Mindy D wrote:

Tiger Woods was in a severe roll over E7E10C5A-3643-4991-A046-FE86C82AED83.jpegcar accident and is hospitalized. This was a single car crash. The jaws of life had to be used to extricate him from the car. The accident occurred near the Rolling shills Estates in LA. His representative said he sustained multiple leg injuries and in in surgery.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

I think it's crazy they didn't think to test him because there was *no suspicion*. 

An empty prescription bottle was found in his backpack outside the wreckage. 

Too late now.

(Drugged driving is driving while impaired.  DWI)