Honored Contributor

Tide Pods + Ultra Oxi. Tide claims this has color protector. Anyone here use this? Any fading ?

[ Edited ]

I've ordered some Tide Pods + Ultra Oxi. I have used other Tide Pods but I'm trying these to prevent fading of my colored cotton tops. Has anyone here tried this particular Tide Pods? How did your colored clothing come out? Any fading?

This is from the company's claims:
*Stain removal of 1 dose vs. 10X doses of the leading liquid bargain brand.

• Tide Power + Ultra Oxi
  • 10x the cleaning power* (*Stain Removal of 1 dose vs. 10X doses of the leading liquid bargain brand)
  • 🌈4-in-1 technology: detergent, stain remover, 🌈colour protector, built-in pre-treaters
  • Dissolves in both hot & cold water
  • Helps tackle tough set-in odors
  • Keep out of reach of children

I'm trying this out after switching from Tide Pods 4 in one With Febreeze. It's been good but I have not washed bright cotton in it.  For my unmentionables and whites, including towels, I use Tide Pods Free and Gentle. I have skin sensitivities because of psoriasis. I add Chlorox bleach to all towels and underwear loads to kill germs and I was adding Oxiclean to my husband's clothing when washed with Tide Pods With Febreeze. His clothes came out very nice but I think Tide might have changed the Febreeze version, though I'm not sure. Anyway, there were no problems but I was looking to reduce the chance of fading. I wash my colored cottons tops in cold water, no dryer. For very dark blacks and dark jeans I use Woolite Dark. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Tide Pods + Ultra Oxi. Tide claims this has color protector. Anyone here use this? Any fading ?

I have had no issues.  Been using Tide products for eons.  The Ultra Oxi makes the colors "pop" & the whites "whiter."

I've never washed any of my clothing in "cold" water.  Always hot or warm.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Re: Tide Pods + Ultra Oxi. Tide claims this has color protector. Anyone here use this? Any fading ?

@Mz iMac wrote:

I have had no issues.  Been using Tide products for eons.  The Ultra Oxi makes the colors "pop" & the whites "whiter."

I've never washed any of my clothing in "cold" water.  Always hot or warm.

@Mz iMac Thank you for your reply. Are any of your colors pure cotton? 

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D  95%

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I like all free and clear, i try many detergents, nellies,goats milk detergent, i stopped that because i smelled a foul oder from the goats milk detergent, i like arm and hammer detergent. I like to try out things.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Mindy D I have some very expensive clothes from a boutique. The owners recommend washing in Dreft (the baby detergent) to preserve color and it has worked great for me for years on all fabrics. Cott'n Wash is also good for preserving color in cotton but it has gotten hard to find and vf used to be packaged better than it is now.
Respected Contributor

I have found that the dryer is the most damaging to my clothing.  It has really made some of my cotton tees that I wear around the house look faded and worn around the edges.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

DH has ongoing skin sensitivities so I use All free and clear that his derm suggested. Fading hasn’t been noticeable to me.