Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Georgiagrama wrote:

@Helen852   

I am so happy that you replied.  I've used Tide for 70 years and thought I must be losing my sense of smell along with my husband!!  Smiley Happy   I do remember SOLO but always stayed with Tide.   When you could still get the powder, it was great to mix in a bucket with warm water and clean baseboards, counters, bathrooms, everything.  I loved the clean smell my my home would have.  Now that it's liquid, it doesn't work as well, and now, the clean smell is gone. 

I don't know what I will choose to use now, but I am concerned now that you mentioned your allergies.  My granddaughter has very sensitive skin and has childhood eczema. I never use bleach on my sheets when she comes to spend the night.  Here lately, she would crawl up in my clean bed and immediately begin to itch and  I had begun to wonder if it could be the Tide.  

They have changed something about it. I can't believe I am going to have to consider changing after all these years.    

You can still get Tide in powder form. 

Respected Contributor

I've used Tide for years and it's always done a great job, but since I discovered the ECHO EGG, I no longer need to purchase laundry detergent.  Got the echo egg when HSN ran a tsv on it recently.  It's supposed to be good for well over 800 loads..  So far I'm very pleased with the results.  Love this thing.  

Honored Contributor

@Georgiagrama wrote:

@haddon9

May I ask if the scent is a fresh, clean scent without an artificial scent added in? I mean is it a fresh clean detergent scent or a detergent with perfume scent? 

@Georgiagrama To me it's a clean fresh scent with no artificial perfume.  It smells like soap.

Respected Contributor

@glb613

I'll have to look for it. I can use it for cleaning again.   I haven't seen it in years.  Really haven't searched for it because when my washer broke, the repairman said it was because of the powdered detergent. Apparently, it gets under the agitator and eventually turns to cement.  That can cause the agitator to not work properly and that will burn up the motor.  Or, so he told me.   I've just been using the liquid and only here recently have I noticed that it's just not cleaning as well, and, the smell is not fresh and clean like it once was. 

Honored Contributor

I have been in housekeeping for over 40 years and never found Tide to be any better than any other detergent that costs less.

Honored Contributor

I use the Tide pods and have not notice any smell changes.  My daughter who has allergies uses the Tide Free ?? The one that is for allergy suffers also uses the Downey Free??  Not sure if they are called Free but ya'll know what I mean.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Contributor

I agree with the comment about Comet Cleanser. Our family used Comet when I was growing up and I learned how to clean using Comet. I no longer use it because I feel like it is "wimpy" compared how it used to be.  I feel like it doesn't clean as well or is not as strong as it used to be.  We used it to clean our sinks and bath tubs.

Honored Contributor

We switched to Tide Free and Gentle (we use the liquid) several years ago. I don't want any scent on my laundry.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

I have eczema, and can't use detergents with fragrance in them.  I also can't use the fragrance free Tide.  Since I'm use to no scent on my laundry, I like the scent of clean clothes without added fragrance.  One of the worst smells I ever ran in to was a woman whose perfume and laundry scent seemed to be having an all out fight.

Respected Contributor

@Lila4Now wrote:

I have eczema, and can't use detergents with fragrance in them.  I also can't use the fragrance free Tide.  Since I'm use to no scent on my laundry, I like the scent of clean clothes without added fragrance.  One of the worst smells I ever ran in to was a woman whose perfume and laundry scent seemed to be having an all out fight.

LOL at the scent fight.  Sometimes I'm thinking between my body wash, deodorant and hair spray, I might be smelling a bit funky. Smiley Frustrated  They do dissipate but those first few minutes in the bathroom, whew