Honored Contributor

From today's Air Force Academy graduation ceremony.  I pulled these from one of our local news sites. I did not attend. It was a slightly overcast day. Pikes Peak in the background. Just beautiful.

fs.jpg

fs (1).jpg

fs (2).jpg

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee    They are truly beautiful and it's the perfect day.  When it's bright and sunny, you lose sight of the silvery airplanes.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee THUNDERBIRDS are awesome!    We saw them one year and it was a great experience.

Respected Contributor

Wow, beautiful. Thank you for posting this.

Honored Contributor

Here in Chicago there's an air and water show every August.  I try to be away that weekend.  Hate the noise and there have been some disasters involving those planes.  Not a fan.

Respected Contributor

Beautiful site  ✈️ 🇺🇸 ✈️

Honored Contributor

Thank you for posting the pics @SilleeMee !

We have seen them many times, along with the Blue Angels (Navy) and the Army's Golden Knights parachute team. 

They weren't near us this year, but I'm hoping for next year.

Since both DH's dad and his uncle, who was shot down during WWII,  were in planes he has always been interested in flying. He took lessons when he was single, but never finished. (I was kind of glad - not a fan of small planes!). 

His dad and stepmother came to visit us once during a nearby air show. It was always fun to see his dad enjoying the shows and showing us "his" plane.  My children started going when they were toddlers. 

Good memories!   Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I saw them when I was in 7th grade at Randolph Air Force Base. I have autographs.  

Honored Contributor

I love the Thunderbirds.  The Blue Angels too. Those can bring me to tears with the pride in them that wells up in me when I see them.

Esteemed Contributor

Awe inspiring.  Even without the sound.