Contributor

Re: Three-year old girl asked to leave KFC Restaurant....

First I heard of it. Some people don't have the time nor the desire to stay glued to their computers 24/7.

Super Contributor

On 6/16/2014 Sedonee said:

First I heard of it. Some people don't have the time nor the desire to stay glued to their computers 24/7.

It's actually the first I've heard of it as well. Even if it weren't...... I don't think I'd chastise the OP for posting about it.

Regular Contributor

On 6/16/2014 sidsmom said:

Don't put the little girl through this.....just use the drive thru for a while. It would be a non-issue. SMH.

You can't be serious!...Why should this little girl have to practically hide herself due to her injuries?...What about so many people who have disabilities?...Should they all go through ""drive-thru"" also?!....Your reply sounds so heartless and insensitive!

Valued Contributor

OMG, that hurts my heart. That little girl survived a vicious attack by dogs, but couldn't escape the viciousness of humans.
Trusted Contributor

On 6/16/2014 Me And My Shadow said:

I just saw this on our local news tonight...They were interviewing the grandmother and she stated that her and her granddaughter were asked to leave KFC as her granddaughter's appearance was making it difficult for the other customers....I just can't imagine something like this happening!....It was also mentioned that KFC is offering $30,000 to cover medical expenses for the granddaughter.

Were there any witnesses or are they just talking the grandmother's word?

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Super Contributor

On 6/16/2014 wookie said: OMG, that hurts my heart. That little girl survived a vicious attack by dogs, but couldn't escape the viciousness of humans.

Sadly......you're so very right....

Regular Contributor

On 6/16/2014 adelle38 said:

I just saw this on our local news tonight...They were interviewing the grandmother and she stated that her and her granddaughter were asked to leave KFC as her granddaughter's appearance was making it difficult for the other customers....I just can't imagine something like this happening!....It was also mentioned that KFC is offering $30,000 to cover medical expenses for the granddaughter.

Nothing was mentioned about witnesses...and I would also be interested in knowing if KFC has actually made an official statement about this?

Super Contributor

I don't go to restaurants to gawk at other diners. I can't imagine how low someone would have to be to complain to the server, or the server not tell them to have some respect and if they don't like how the little girl looks, they should leave and take their bigotry with them.

However, for every "this bad thing allegedly happened in a restaurant" story, there seems to be another shortly thereafter totally debunking it as malicious mischief. I'm waiting to see how this one plays out.

Esteemed Contributor

In her pictures, even with her injuries, she's adorable! I can't imagine anyone being bothered by how she looks...they would have to be totally heartless. I know that this story hasn't been proven yet, but the grandmother seems very sincere in what she said, and how Victoria is acting now as opposed to how she was before the incident. She said she was never shy with people, but now she will speak to other children but she won't talk to grownups.

So the jury is out on whether someone at KFC is guilty...I guess we'll find out sooner or later.

Esteemed Contributor

On 6/16/2014 adelle38 said:

Nothing was mentioned about witnesses...and I would also be interested in knowing if KFC has actually made an official statement about this?

KFC posted an apology the next morning, requesting details.

"As soon as we were notified of this report on Friday, we immediately began an investigation, as this kind of hurtful and disrespectful action would not be tolerated by KFC," spokesman Rick Maynard wrote Sunday in an email to The Associated Press. "Regardless of the outcome of our investigation, we have apologized to Victoria's family and are committed to assisting them. The company is making a $30,000 donation to assist with her medical bills. The entire KFC family is behind Victoria."