Honored Contributor

Re: Three-year old girl asked to leave KFC Restaurant....

On 6/16/2014 dooBdoo said:
On 6/16/2014 Lucky Charm said:

I haven't read this whole thread, but was wondering how she happened to be mauled by 3 pit bulls. Is this story true for sure?

Hi, Lucky Charm!

Yes, in kittymomNC's Post #6 (with links):

"The attack happened in April while Victoria was visiting her grandfather's mobile home in Simpson County, Mississippi. Three pit bulls burst into the home and mauled Victoria, covering her body with injuries head to toe. Victoria's grandfather, Donald Mullins, fatally shot two of the dogs, WAPT reports. Mullins and his girlfriend, Rita Tompkins, were later arrested on child endangerment charges."

{#emotions_dlg.sad}

This is a terrible story to begin with, the KFC part of it, but I'm having a tough time understanding what happened to the poor girl to begin with.

The link states the girl was dragged from the home by the 3 dogs.

Did the dogs belong to the grandfather. It says the dogs were later put down. So the grandfather shot 2 of the dogs. I guess authorities shot the other one?

And the grandfather and his girlfriend were later charged with child endangerment? Is this because of Victoria being attacked by the dogs?

My point is, of course I hope that KFC issues an apology and perhaps helps in good faith to pay for this little girls horrific injuries.

But I am SO MUCH MORE TICKED OFF AT THIS STINKING GRANDFATHER for what happened when his precious grandchild was visiting him.

Esteemed Contributor

On 6/16/2014 dooBdoo said:

I haven't read this whole thread, but was wondering how she happened to be mauled by 3 pit bulls. Is this story true for sure?

Hi, Lucky Charm!

Yes, in kittymomNC's Post #6 (with links):

"The attack happened in April while Victoria was visiting her grandfather's mobile home in Simpson County, Mississippi. Three pit bulls burst into the home and mauled Victoria, covering her body with injuries head to toe. Victoria's grandfather, Donald Mullins, fatally shot two of the dogs, WAPT reports. Mullins and his girlfriend, Rita Tompkins, were later arrested on child endangerment charges."

{#emotions_dlg.sad}

This is a terrible story to begin with, the KFC part of it, but I'm having a tough time understanding what happened to the poor girl to begin with.

The link states the girl was dragged from the home by the 3 dogs.

Did the dogs belong to the grandfather. It says the dogs were later put down. So the grandfather shot 2 of the dogs. I guess authorities shot the other one?

And the grandfather and his girlfriend were later charged with child endangerment? Is this because of Victoria being attacked by the dogs?

My point is, of course I hope that KFC issues an apology and perhaps helps in good faith to pay for this little girls horrific injuries.

But I am SO MUCH MORE TICKED OFF AT THIS STINKING GRANDFATHER for what happened when his precious grandchild was visiting him.

One article stated that the grandfather owned 10 Pit Bulls, and these three burst through the door into the home. Since he was the owner, apparently he would be the one charged with child endangerment.

Honored Contributor

On 6/16/2014 Junebug54 said:
On 6/16/2014 JaneMarple said:
On 6/16/2014 Junebug54 said:

Since this type of incident happens a lot lately don't you just wonder??

NO!

It's the 21st century, news gets to us much faster than the old days.

It's very disheartening if this is true... but why do so many people want to make a few bucks off of incidents like this? The one accountable is the person that asked her to leave not the entire KFC Corporation. And why does the general public need to know??

In cases like this I believe it is the public's right to know, to bring to light the insensitivity of others.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Valued Contributor

Shame on the person who complained about this little girl and shame on the manager who asked her to leave.

Our local news just had this story on, and that little girl is absolutely adorable.

Esteemed Contributor

On 6/16/2014 Lion said:

What about all the veterans returning from war with terrible facial injuries and burns, and missing limbs?

Should they use the drive-thru, too?

And, why is it assumed that this is about extorting $$ from KFC?

My thoughts exactly. Well said, Lion.

Super Contributor

On 6/16/2014 pepes mom said:

Shame on the person who complained about this little girl and shame on the manager who asked her to leave.

Our local news just had this story on, and that little girl is absolutely adorable.

yep and shame on her grandfather, too.

Honored Contributor

Another thread ruined.....

Super Contributor

I can't believe this story is true.. it's too horrible. If the person was sooo grossed out by her face then they should have left, not her.

Contributor

Uh huh.

Honored Contributor

On 6/16/2014 Sedonee said:

Uh huh.

Pssst millions use the phrase each and every day. Why don't you go lurk in the fashion forums and bother them?