Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 13,293
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Three-year old girl asked to leave KFC Restaurant....

I haven't read this whole thread, but was wondering how she happened to be mauled by 3 pit bulls. Is this story true for sure?

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,829
Registered: ‎03-18-2010

Re: Three-year old girl asked to leave KFC Restaurant....

On 6/16/2014 dooBdoo said:
On 6/16/2014 Irshgrl31201 said:
On 6/16/2014 dooBdoo said:
On 6/16/2014 Irshgrl31201 said:
On 6/16/2014 Emma bunting said:

Okay.....I think I was probably the first one to disagree with sidsmom here...but I think she's been flogged enough at this point. Time to let it go.

Yeah, I don't want to jump all over her either. I just wanted to express my opinion as to what she said. I don't want to keep flogging her or keep going on and on. I think she gets what we mean. We definitely don't need 12 pages of the same.

I agree. I just came into the thread and wanted to add my comments. My apologies if it seemed overboard.

LOL! Me too. I realize everybody does as well I just don't want her to come back and see 12 pages of retorts to her one or two comments. That doesn't feel so good.

Good to "see" you dooBdoo!

We've all felt the flogging at one time or another and you're right -- it's no fun. I should've read back a bit more carefully and noticed how many similar comments were already posted.{#emotions_dlg.blushing}

Thanks, Irshgrl! It's good to "see" you, too.{#emotions_dlg.wub}

I did the same exact thing. Sometimes I should hold my typing fingers back a bit. LOL!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Super Contributor
Posts: 445
Registered: ‎04-21-2014

Re: Three-year old girl asked to leave KFC Restaurant....

On 6/16/2014 kdgn said:

Why should sidsmom be off the hook for her remarks? "Moral decorum", use the drive-thru, just because you can doesn't mean you should, etc.?

If the story is true regarding the employee asking that Victoria leave, it's attitudes like the above that foster the heartless treatment of those with disfigurements.

The message has been given to her over and over on this thread. It's just redundant and unnecessary to keep it up at this point. That's when things cross over into pile ups. Thank you Irish and dooB for understanding what I was saying. Letting something go because the message has been said loud and clear is not the same as "letting someone off the hook".

But sometimes, enough really is enough.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 11,144
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Three-year old girl asked to leave KFC Restaurant....

On 6/16/2014 kdgn said:

Why should sidsmom be off the hook for her remarks? "Moral decorum", use the drive-thru, just because you can doesn't mean you should, etc.?

If the story is true regarding the employee asking that Victoria leave, it's attitudes like the above that foster the heartless treatment of those with disfigurements.

Sometimes it's better to spare a three year old's feelings then to put her in a position she won't understand just to assert her rights. No one has suggested hiding her away or for anyone to hide who has an appearance that may bring stares and even comments.

The worker was insensitive, if the story is true, but so was the grandmother.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,829
Registered: ‎03-18-2010

Re: Three-year old girl asked to leave KFC Restaurant....

On 6/16/2014 Emma bunting said:
On 6/16/2014 kdgn said:

Why should sidsmom be off the hook for her remarks? "Moral decorum", use the drive-thru, just because you can doesn't mean you should, etc.?

If the story is true regarding the employee asking that Victoria leave, it's attitudes like the above that foster the heartless treatment of those with disfigurements.

The message has been given to her over and over on this thread. It's just redundant and unnecessary to keep it up at this point. That's when things cross over into pile ups. Thank you Irish and dooB for understanding what I was saying. Letting something go because the message has been said loud and clear is not the same as "letting someone off the hook".

But sometimes, enough really is enough.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

And thank you for making that post reminding me of that. I wanted to get my point across but I also don't want her to feel totally piled on.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Super Contributor
Posts: 445
Registered: ‎04-21-2014

Re: Three-year old girl asked to leave KFC Restaurant....

On 6/16/2014 Irshgrl31201 said:
On 6/16/2014 kdgn said:

Why should sidsmom be off the hook for her remarks? "Moral decorum", use the drive-thru, just because you can doesn't mean you should, etc.?

If the story is true regarding the employee asking that Victoria leave, it's attitudes like the above that foster the heartless treatment of those with disfigurements.

I don't think anyone said off the hook at all. I just think we can let her know how we feel without another 50 or so posts saying the same thing, that is all. IMO, it does become a pile on when that happens. I do want to let her know that I feel the exact opposite as she does but I also don't want to have 12 more pages hammering away at it or her. Hopefully I explained that correctly, does that make sense?

Total sense, Irish.....I actually think we're saying the exact same thing.

Super Contributor
Posts: 445
Registered: ‎04-21-2014

Re: Three-year old girl asked to leave KFC Restaurant....

On 6/16/2014 Irshgrl31201 said:
On 6/16/2014 Emma bunting said:
On 6/16/2014 kdgn said:

Why should sidsmom be off the hook for her remarks? "Moral decorum", use the drive-thru, just because you can doesn't mean you should, etc.?

If the story is true regarding the employee asking that Victoria leave, it's attitudes like the above that foster the heartless treatment of those with disfigurements.

The message has been given to her over and over on this thread. It's just redundant and unnecessary to keep it up at this point. That's when things cross over into pile ups. Thank you Irish and dooB for understanding what I was saying. Letting something go because the message has been said loud and clear is not the same as "letting someone off the hook".

But sometimes, enough really is enough.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

And thank you for making that post reminding me of that. I wanted to get my point across but I also don't want her to feel totally piled on.

I really love you! You are so open to hearing what people are really saying....without getting defensive. Thanks for being you.....

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,829
Registered: ‎03-18-2010

Re: Three-year old girl asked to leave KFC Restaurant....

On 6/16/2014 Emma bunting said:
On 6/16/2014 Irshgrl31201 said:
On 6/16/2014 Emma bunting said:
On 6/16/2014 kdgn said:

Why should sidsmom be off the hook for her remarks? "Moral decorum", use the drive-thru, just because you can doesn't mean you should, etc.?

If the story is true regarding the employee asking that Victoria leave, it's attitudes like the above that foster the heartless treatment of those with disfigurements.

The message has been given to her over and over on this thread. It's just redundant and unnecessary to keep it up at this point. That's when things cross over into pile ups. Thank you Irish and dooB for understanding what I was saying. Letting something go because the message has been said loud and clear is not the same as "letting someone off the hook".

But sometimes, enough really is enough.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

And thank you for making that post reminding me of that. I wanted to get my point across but I also don't want her to feel totally piled on.

I really love you! You are so open to hearing what people are really saying....without getting defensive. Thanks for being you.....

(((((Emma bunting)))) I don't think I have ever had a nicer compliment on here from anyone. That was really sweet and really touched me. Thank you so much! I love you too girl!!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor
Posts: 17,594
Registered: ‎06-27-2010

Re: Three-year old girl asked to leave KFC Restaurant....

On 6/16/2014 Emma bunting said:
On 6/16/2014 kdgn said:

Why should sidsmom be off the hook for her remarks? "Moral decorum", use the drive-thru, just because you can doesn't mean you should, etc.?

If the story is true regarding the employee asking that Victoria leave, it's attitudes like the above that foster the heartless treatment of those with disfigurements.

The message has been given to her over and over on this thread. It's just redundant and unnecessary to keep it up at this point. That's when things cross over into pile ups. Thank you Irish and dooB for understanding what I was saying. Letting something go because the message has been said loud and clear is not the same as "letting someone off the hook".

But sometimes, enough really is enough.

And thank you for saying it, Emma. Belaboring a point, after a while, becomes useless and probably even counterproductive. There's a poster who has a siggy to that effect which says it much better, but I can't remember the quote.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor
Posts: 445
Registered: ‎04-21-2014

Re: Three-year old girl asked to leave KFC Restaurant....

On 6/16/2014 Irshgrl31201 said:
On 6/16/2014 Emma bunting said:
On 6/16/2014 Irshgrl31201 said:
On 6/16/2014 Emma bunting said:
On 6/16/2014 kdgn said:

Why should sidsmom be off the hook for her remarks? "Moral decorum", use the drive-thru, just because you can doesn't mean you should, etc.?

If the story is true regarding the employee asking that Victoria leave, it's attitudes like the above that foster the heartless treatment of those with disfigurements.

The message has been given to her over and over on this thread. It's just redundant and unnecessary to keep it up at this point. That's when things cross over into pile ups. Thank you Irish and dooB for understanding what I was saying. Letting something go because the message has been said loud and clear is not the same as "letting someone off the hook".

But sometimes, enough really is enough.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

And thank you for making that post reminding me of that. I wanted to get my point across but I also don't want her to feel totally piled on.

I really love you! You are so open to hearing what people are really saying....without getting defensive. Thanks for being you.....

(((((Emma bunting)))) I don't think I have ever had a nicer compliment on here from anyone. That was really sweet and really touched me. Thank you so much! I love you too girl!!

Well....I definitely mean it! {#emotions_dlg.wub}