Regular Contributor

Re: Three-year old girl asked to leave KFC Restaurant....

If true, this is really cruel...

Esteemed Contributor

On 6/16/2014 Emma bunting said:

Okay.....I think I was probably the first one to disagree with sidsmom here...but I think she's been flogged enough at this point. Time to let it go.

Yeah, I don't want to jump all over her either. I just wanted to express my opinion as to what she said. I don't want to keep flogging her or keep going on and on. I think she gets what we mean. We definitely don't need 12 pages of the same.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

On 6/16/2014 dooBdoo said:

From looking at the source of the publicity, imo the family hasn’t done anything wrong here, but anyone can look for themselves (you don’t need a Facebook account to go to these links and read).

====================

They created a simple Facebook page* on 4/23/14 for those who wanted to get updates and join in prayer: "Victoria's Victories -- About: Medical updates for 3 year old dog attack victim Victoria Wilcher."

On 6/12/14, they posted her photo** with this comment: Victoria's Victories: “Does this face look scary to you? Last week at KFC in Jackson MS this precious face was asked to leave because her face scared the other diners. I personally will never step foot in another KFC again and will be personally writing the CEO.”

(*link to page: https://www.facebook.com/victoriasvictories)
(**Photo and responses: https://www.facebook.com/victoriasvictories/photos/a.1434864550095753.1073741828.1434503026798572/1...)

====================

It appears the post went viral, and the page went from about 250 likes to 113,948 likes. The public took up the cause. KFC heard about it, their official KFC Facebook page posted in the comments on the photo, and they're actively investigating the incident.

Thanks for the links dooBdoo {#emotions_dlg.wub}. I have read the same. Went viral from Facebook.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

On 6/16/2014 Irshgrl31201 said:

Okay.....I think I was probably the first one to disagree with sidsmom here...but I think she's been flogged enough at this point. Time to let it go.

Yeah, I don't want to jump all over her either. I just wanted to express my opinion as to what she said. I don't want to keep flogging her or keep going on and on. I think she gets what we mean. We definitely don't need 12 pages of the same.

I agree. I just came into the thread and wanted to add my comments. My apologies if it seemed overboard.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

I agree. I just came into the thread and wanted to add my comments. My apologies if it seemed overboard.

LOL! Me too. I realize everybody does as well I just don't want her to come back and see 12 pages of retorts to her one or two comments. That doesn't feel so good.

Good to "see" you dooBdoo!

JFK
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

After seeing the picture of the little girl, I find it unlikely the story is true. There is nothing scary or upsetting about her appearance.

Honored Contributor

From looking at the source of the publicity, imo the family hasn’t done anything wrong here, but anyone can look for themselves (you don’t need a Facebook account to go to these links and read).

====================

They created a simple Facebook page* on 4/23/14 for those who wanted to get updates and join in prayer: "Victoria's Victories -- About: Medical updates for 3 year old dog attack victim Victoria Wilcher."

On 6/12/14, they posted her photo** with this comment: Victoria's Victories: “Does this face look scary to you? Last week at KFC in Jackson MS this precious face was asked to leave because her face scared the other diners. I personally will never step foot in another KFC again and will be personally writing the CEO.”

(*link to page: https://www.facebook.com/victoriasvictories)

(**Photo and responses: https://www.facebook.com/victoriasvictories/photos/a.1434864550095753.1073741828.1434503026798572/1...)

====================

It appears the post went viral, and the page went from about 250 likes to 113,948 likes. The public took up the cause. KFC heard about it, their official KFC Facebook page posted in the comments on the photo, and they're actively investigating the incident.

Thanks for the links dooBdoo {#emotions_dlg.wub}. I have read the same. Went viral from Facebook.

You're welcome!Smile

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

Why should sidsmom be off the hook for her remarks? "Moral decorum", use the drive-thru, just because you can doesn't mean you should, etc.?

If the story is true regarding the employee asking that Victoria leave, it's attitudes like the above that foster the heartless treatment of those with disfigurements.

Honored Contributor

LOL! Me too. I realize everybody does as well I just don't want her to come back and see 12 pages of retorts to her one or two comments. That doesn't feel so good.

Good to "see" you dooBdoo!

We've all felt the flogging at one time or another and you're right -- it's no fun. I should've read back a bit more carefully and noticed how many similar comments were already posted.{#emotions_dlg.blushing}

Thanks, Irshgrl! It's good to "see" you, too.{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Esteemed Contributor

On 6/16/2014 kdgn said:

Why should sidsmom be off the hook for her remarks? "Moral decorum", use the drive-thru, just because you can doesn't mean you should, etc.?

If the story is true regarding the employee asking that Victoria leave, it's attitudes like the above that foster the heartless treatment of those with disfigurements.

I don't think anyone said off the hook at all. I just think we can let her know how we feel without another 50 or so posts saying the same thing, that is all. IMO, it does become a pile on when that happens. I do want to let her know that I feel the exact opposite as she does but I also don't want to have 12 more pages hammering away at it or her. Hopefully I explained that correctly, does that make sense?

JFK