Respected Contributor

Re: Three-year old girl asked to leave KFC Restaurant....

On 6/16/2014 biancardi said:
On 6/16/2014 kdgn said:

<em>Victoria Wilcher was brutally attacked leaving her with a missing eye, a broken nose, a broken jaw bone and broken cheek bones along with numerous scars on her face.</em>

Going through the drive-thru for the rest of this little girl's life? She's not going to recover from them any time soon.......From an article I read earlier, she won't even look at herself in the mirror anymore.

(((Victoria))))

Adults are such jerks at times. Who in their right mind would ask this child to leave?

A total BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP!!!!
Esteemed Contributor

On 6/16/2014 Junebug54 said:
On 6/16/2014 JaneMarple said:

Since this type of incident happens a lot lately don't you just wonder??

NO!

It's the 21st century, news gets to us much faster than the old days.

It's very disheartening if this is true... but why do so many people want to make a few bucks off of incidents like this? The one accountable is the person that asked her to leave not the entire KFC Corporation. And why does the general public need to know??

Who is making a few bucks off of this? Corporations usually do take responsibility for what their employees do, and I can't even imagine what this child's medical bills are going to total when she has further surgeries, etc. And the general public knows because the story went viral from Facebook --the general public should know about things like this. You'd think it would make people THINK about how they act, what they do, and how it affects others.

Respected Contributor

I am not kidding, if I had been at that restaurant when they asked her to leave, I would've completely lost it.
Super Contributor

Why should the girl and her family use the drive thru?

Like every child she should feel at ease no matter where she goes in public.

Good grief

Honored Contributor

I haven't read the posts........What was that employee thinking? To tarnish his/her employer's/company's good standing, etc. by asking them to leave. I'm responding to a brief TV news story. I'll go back now and read the OP. Cute, little girl, too. Precious.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

Maybe the KFC in question has an area for kids to play, like some McDonald's do.

Or, maybe they provide some fun little place mat games for kids to play with at their tables.

Whatever the reason, either the little girl or her Grandmother, or both, preferred to eat in the restaurant and there is NO reason why they shouldn't have felt free to do so.

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Respected Contributor

What about all the veterans returning from war with terrible facial injuries and burns, and missing limbs?

Should they use the drive-thru, too?

And, why is it assumed that this is about extorting $$ from KFC?

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Trusted Contributor

On 6/16/2014 kittymomNC said:
On 6/16/2014 JaneMarple said:

Since this type of incident happens a lot lately don't you just wonder??

NO!

It's the 21st century, news gets to us much faster than the old days.

It's very disheartening if this is true... but why do so many people want to make a few bucks off of incidents like this? The one accountable is the person that asked her to leave not the entire KFC Corporation. And why does the general public need to know??

Who is making a few bucks off of this? Corporations usually do take responsibility for what their employees do, and I can't even imagine what this child's medical bills are going to total when she has further surgeries, etc. And the general public knows because the story went viral from Facebook --the general public should know about things like this. You'd think it would make people THINK about how they act, what they do, and how it affects others.

So you are saying KFC should pay for all of her medical bills. Please explain to me why you think they should? And yes I do agree with you that it will make people think about how they act. But not necessarily in a good way. Believe me I do not under any circumstances think that sweet little girl should have been asked to leave but I do think the wrong person/people are getting penalized. She could eat at my table any time.

Super Contributor

Okay.....I think I was probably the first one to disagree with sidsmom here...but I think she's been flogged enough at this point. Time to let it go.

Valued Contributor

no one should have to hide from others. it's awful that this could even happen in this day and age.

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel