Respected Contributor

Re: Three-year old girl asked to leave KFC Restaurant....

On 6/16/2014 kdgn said:

Victoria Wilcher was brutally attacked leaving her with a missing eye, a broken nose, a broken jaw bone and broken cheek bones along with numerous scars on her face.

Going through the drive-thru for the rest of this little girl's life? She's not going to recover from them any time soon.......From an article I read earlier, she won't even look at herself in the mirror anymore.

(((Victoria))))

Adults are such jerks at times. Who in their right mind would ask this child to leave?

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Trusted Contributor

On 6/16/2014 JaneMarple said:
On 6/16/2014 Junebug54 said:

Since this type of incident happens a lot lately don't you just wonder??

NO!

It's the 21st century, news gets to us much faster than the old days.

It's very disheartening if this is true... but why do so many people want to make a few bucks off of incidents like this? The one accountable is the person that asked her to leave not the entire KFC Corporation. And why does the general public need to know??

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

On 6/16/2014 biancardi said:

If I were a customer there when this happened, I would be yelling at the person who was doing this.

Exactly and asking to speak with management!

Trusted Contributor

On 6/16/2014 sidsmom said:

Why not....for the next couple weeks, use the drive thru? I really don't see what the issue is. There's a greater than zero chance this grandmother has used the KFC drive thru....I just don't understand what the need to make this 'big' thing. The girl wouldn't know the difference between a walk in & drive thru..she just wants her chicken. The adult was wanting to make a stand...just like those guys walking into Target with their guns. "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should".

It's not the same thing. This child did not make a choice to be disfigured. Those idiots choose to walk into Target with their guns.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Respected Contributor

On 6/16/2014 adelle38 said:

Why not....for the next couple weeks, use the drive thru? I really don't see what the issue is. There's a greater than zero chance this grandmother has used the KFC drive thru....I just don't understand what the need to make this 'big' thing. The girl wouldn't know the difference between a walk in & drive thru..she just wants her chicken. The adult was wanting to make a stand...just like those guys walking into Target with their guns. "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should".

It's not the same thing. This child did not make a choice to be disfigured. Those idiots choose to walk into Target with their guns.

agreed. There is a huge difference between a person's looks and someone posturing with a gun.

Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
Trusted Contributor

On 6/16/2014 Opurrra said:

The little girl is a doll, I saw her photo, how sad.

It is sad and it doesn't matter if she's a doll. No one should be denied access on the basis of looks...if this happened.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Esteemed Contributor

How would you possibly know the adult was wanting to make a stand? They could very possibly have used only the drive thru in the past but since the little girl was more than likely cooped up at the hospital and at home because of her injuries, maybe she just wanted to get out? I know when I have been in the hospital for a good amount of time I want to get out and about. I get sick of being stuck at home and in the hospital.

Making a stand just like the guys at Targets with their guns? How you even get to that comparison I will never know. At least use ONE comparison that makes ONE bit of sense. I mean comparing a wet t-shirt to a physical injury that you cannot hide? Do you also suggests soldiers coming home from the war with facial injuries just stay at home as to not upset other peoples delicate sensibilities? Just because they can go out and enjoy a meal doesn't mean they should because they have a facial deformity? That is complete nonsense and that you could even really even think this way is very odd. I have read some odd stuff on here too but this takes the cake.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

You seem to think that in a couple of weeks those scars are going to disappear and her eye will grow back???

She's old enough to know the difference between a drive thru and a walk in. Why shouldn't she be allowed to do what she wants? You don't let a child who has these kinds of injuries eat mashed potatoes in the car anyway.

Esteemed Contributor

On 6/16/2014 Irshgrl31201 said:

How would you possibly know the adult was wanting to make a stand? They could very possibly have used only the drive thru in the past but since the little girl was more than likely cooped up at the hospital and at home because of her injuries, maybe she just wanted to get out? I know when I have been in the hospital for a good amount of time I want to get out and about. I get sick of being stuck at home and in the hospital.

Making a stand just like the guys at Targets with their guns? How you even get to that comparison I will never know. At least use ONE comparison that makes ONE bit of sense. I mean comparing a wet t-shirt to a physical injury that you cannot hide? Do you also suggests soldiers coming home from the war with facial injuries just stay at home as to not upset other peoples delicate sensibilities? Just because they can go out and enjoy a meal doesn't mean they should because they have a facial deformity? That is complete nonsense and that you could even really even think this way is very odd. I have read some odd stuff on here too but this takes the cake.

Well said! Some people are just never going to get it, are they? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Respected Contributor

funny, Americans can sit thru gorey movies, see limbs ripped off, faces eaten by flesh eating zombies, evisceration, but that little girl's face was disruptive?

oh boy