Respected Contributor

Re: Three-year old girl asked to leave KFC Restaurant....

On 6/16/2014 kittymomNC said:

This little girl has several surgeries ahead of her, and there has been a donation page set up which, including the $30,000 from KFC, has raised $80,000 for her medical bills. The grandmother had a Facebook page where she was keeping people up to date on Victoria's condition--that's where she posted about the incident in the restaurant and it went viral apparently. I don't see how anyone could be doing this for monetary gain when I'm sure this child's medical bills are sky-high...and this certainly does not appear to be a family with a lot of money.

I agree.

I applaud KFC corporate for it's swift action and donation. If a KFC employee did it, then the important thing is they find out and make sure it never happens again.

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

On 6/16/2014 sidsmom said:
On 6/16/2014 Me And My Shadow said:
On 6/16/2014 adelle38 said:
On 6/16/2014 Me And My Shadow said:

I just saw this on our local news tonight...They were interviewing the grandmother and she stated that her and her granddaughter were asked to leave KFC as her granddaughter's appearance was making it difficult for the other customers....I just can't imagine something like this happening!....It was also mentioned that KFC is offering $30,000 to cover medical expenses for the granddaughter.

Were there any witnesses or are they just talking the grandmother's word?

Nothing was mentioned about witnesses...and I would also be interested in knowing if KFC has actually made an official statement about this?

ITA...these stories always end with a 'raised eyebrow ...who leaked this to the media IF it was true? Silly.

And when I mentioned she should use the drive thru, the saying "just because you can, doesn't mean you should" phrase came to mind. I guess I was raised with a little moral decorum...just because I can wear a tight t-shirt to Walmart, doesn't mean I can waltz in there with the same tight t-shirt, but wet & braless. Common sense.

Sorry, sidsmom...I just don't get the connection between your example and that of a little girl who was seriously injured by pit bulls....doesn't make "common sense" to me...I'm not being argumentative....just having an adult debate about the situation.

Respected Contributor

Moral decorum??

WTHeck do ""morals"" have to do with a little girl with some facial injuries trying to live like any other kid and enjoy a meal at KFC?

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Honored Contributor

Why not....for the next couple weeks, use the drive thru? I really don't see what the issue is. There's a greater than zero chance this grandmother has used the KFC drive thru....I just don't understand what the need to make this 'big' thing. The girl wouldn't know the difference between a walk in & drive thru..she just wants her chicken. The adult was wanting to make a stand...just like those guys walking into Target with their guns. "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should".

Respected Contributor

Sidsmom-If the little girl had been born with a facial deformity does that mean that her family should hide her away forever?

I realize a disfigurement will make some people uncomfortable.

They need to learn to deal with it.

We don't hide that which makes people uncomfortable. We no longer live in the dark ages.

Esteemed Contributor

On 6/16/2014 kdgn said:

Sidsmom-If the little girl had been born with a facial deformity does that mean that her family should hide her away forever?

I realize a disfigurement will make some people uncomfortable.

They need to learn to deal with it.

We don't hide that which makes people uncomfortable. We no longer live in the dark ages.

Esteemed Contributor

On 6/16/2014 sidsmom said:

Why not....for the next couple weeks, use the drive thru? I really don't see what the issue is. There's a greater than zero chance this grandmother has used the KFC drive thru....I just don't understand what the need to make this 'big' thing. The girl wouldn't know the difference between a walk in & drive thru..she just wants her chicken. The adult was wanting to make a stand...just like those guys walking into Target with their guns. "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should".

How would you know what this little girl wants? Maybe she likes going INTO a restaurant with her grandmother. Some little kids think that's a big deal. What you're suggesting is tantamount to "punishing" this child for something that is not her fault. And besides, she can't EAT chicken...her grandmother got her mashed potatoes so she could swallow them.....{#emotions_dlg.sneaky}

Respected Contributor

The issue is that no one should be asked to leave because of disfiguring injuries. Doesn't matter if the little girl is aware of this or not. The fact remains that an employee of KFC fracked up big time.

Respected Contributor

Victoria Wilcher was brutally attacked leaving her with a missing eye, a broken nose, a broken jaw bone and broken cheek bones along with numerous scars on her face.

Going through the drive-thru for the rest of this little girl's life? She's not going to recover from them any time soon.......From an article I read earlier, she won't even look at herself in the mirror anymore.

Respected Contributor

If I were a customer there when this happened, I would be yelling at the person who was doing this.

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames