Esteemed Contributor

Re: Three More Accusers II - Bill Cosby

Sorry, dmod and Sydney.  Pardon me......

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I think that one fell through.  The accuser tried to extort money from Cosby years ago, so her claim that blocked the incident from her memory, so the statute of limitations count would begin when the memory of it returned.  Good try.  But Cosby's attorneys had proof that she tried to get money from them years ago.  So, obviously, she remembered what happened.   Unfortunately, the most recent accusers are saying that the attacks happened in the 70's for two of them and when the Cosby show was in it's early years for the third.  Too old.  And of course, it's just their word, there's no corroboration.  My guess is those three came foward because they want in on the civil suit.  Which my lawyer friends say will be a very difficult uphill battle for any woman who does not have corroboration of some type.  It doesn't have to be proof just more than an allegation.  A decades old allegation at that.  Maybe it's just me but I just want to see an arrest and trial.    

That would be ideal but honestly, I can't see that ever coming to pass at this point in time.

Honored Contributor

@dmod nj wrote:

Thank you to the OP for posting this. I had not heard about this today. 

Noel and Sydney, ITA.  Inappropriate.  *smh*

I don't mean to come off as the board scold, but there can't be anything remotely humorous about that creepy man.  It's gone so thank you Yorkie......

Respected Contributor

Not sure hat I understand the point in this post??? YES, we all know what has happened. It's not worth discussing. Cosby's behavior affects his family and hte women involved, not us.

Esteemed Contributor

@SydneyH You're welcome. 

Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow  Thank you Yorkie for removing the picture. 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

@Tinkerbell3 wrote:

Not sure hat I understand the point in this post??? YES, we all know what has happened. It's not worth discussing. Cosby's behavior affects his family and hte women involved, not us.

I disagree.  We learn from Cosby's behavior, we come to understand how that affects young women. 

And it serves as a reminder for us to teach our sons not to rape and our daughters to be careful and not accept drinks made or poured by anyone we don't know well enough to trust.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

@Tinkerbell3 wrote:

I disagree.  We learn from Cosby's behavior, we come to understand how that affects young women. 

And it serves as a reminder for us to teach our sons not to rape and our daughters to be careful and not accept drinks made or poured by anyone we don't know well enough to trust.

One more thing ......    people have to stop IDOLIZING so called celebrities.

Honored Contributor

@NoelSeven

I agree, and wanted to add.  More so than not, it isn't a good idea for a young woman alone to accept drinks from even her friends.  Sadly, I have heard many men drug women they know.  Many young men are just idiots when it comes to mixing drugs, and think it won't hurt the women they drug. , They think the women will just "forget: anything that happens and that will be it .

Respected Contributor