Honored Contributor

Re: Threads Gone But Not Forgotten-Just for Fun

On 4/9/2015 september said:

Oh, and if you have a wall calendar, anywhere in your house, with your appointments and events posted on it...you're just looking for attention! You should keep your calendar in a hidden location.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

i must have missed this one! lol

does anyone remember a thread where a grandmother (i think) was watching her grandchild and he or she swallowed a quarter? she was on these boards asking what she should do!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

I love reading all the OMG LINEA!!! threads.

Super Contributor

On 4/9/2015 cody2 said:

Lisa Robertson's long black pants

Lisa Robertson's white pants

Lisa Robertson's eyebrows

Lisa Robertson's lipliner

Don't forget the brown, wrinkly Gumby pants she wore every.... single....week.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not sure, Irshgrl...she did post her general location a few times, and it seemed she didn't live too far from me! I think she was the same person who had an earlier fire, that she blamed on a heating pad she purchased from QVC.

Who knows if any of this was true! But there was an ongoing thread about it...someone else must remember....

I completely believe you, it is just crazy that she would be posting. Lol!

I do remember the lady who wanted to snuggle on the couch! Wow, I had forgotten so many of these.

Referring to the RRR thread, what do you ladies mean when you say "examine her daughter in law"?

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Valued Contributor

Lisa's hip-slung stance/ posing
Honored Contributor

I missed the one about the grandchild swallowing the quarter. I can imagine the uproar!

Valued Contributor

On 4/9/2015 Irshgrl31201 said:

I'm not sure, Irshgrl...she did post her general location a few times, and it seemed she didn't live too far from me! I think she was the same person who had an earlier fire, that she blamed on a heating pad she purchased from QVC.

Who knows if any of this was true! But there was an ongoing thread about it...someone else must remember....

I completely believe you, it is just crazy that she would be posting. Lol!

I do remember the lady who wanted to snuggle on the couch! Wow, I had forgotten so many of these.

Referring to the RRR thread, what do you ladies mean when you say "examine her daughter in law"?

rrr acted "like a nurse". a sort of pelvic exam--
Honored Contributor

RRR, who claimed her dIL wanted to have nothing to do with her, was asked by her...to check out her lower regions, when she was close to giving birth.

Esteemed Contributor

OMG, that is insane.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Super Contributor

On 4/8/2015 Cakers1 said:

I didn't want to keep going ot on HH's thread so this is just for fun. Please try to keep it light.

We had the chopsticks thread and the expensive toast thread.{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Canned soup and crockpots.{#emotions_dlg.blink}

There have been lots of crazy threads that started out as just harmless conversation that totally went off the rails. I think most of foot-stomping goes on in the kitchen-talk forum, it can literally turn into a food fight there. For sure don't mention that you use canned soup in any recipe, or heaven forbid a box cake!! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I started a thread once just asking out of curiosity how many people removed the chalaza from their eggs (the stringy white thing that is basically a yolk seatbelt). While most of the responses were in good humor, I got lectured by some posters about how they never removed it and it was a total waste of time. Some mocked the idea saying that professional chefs never remove it, which is untrue since many chefs remove it when making custards because it "clots" when it's cooked. Who knew a little egg part could cause so much controversy, but after the great San Francisco Toast War nothing surprises me. LOL!

Oh, and if you mention you eat any kind of meat other than chicken, expect to get pummeled with pixel tomatoes for encouraging cruelty to animals (still unsure how it is okay to eat chicken and some beef, but you start talking about enjoying duck or lamb and you are venturing into dangerous pastures).

I think it's all fine and good to have beliefs and convictions, but some topics are just not worth the battles. Each day here is the consummate example of that saying, opinions are like....noses. Everybody has one, and some are much bigger than others!

Other topics that come to mind... tread lightly in the WEN threads, and don't mess with those Ripkanistas, they'll hang you with a clad status link chain!!! Wink