Trusted Contributor

Thoughts on the TSV Genius Mix Slice and Chop?

If I'm figuring correctly, it would total nearly $50 with s&h and tax. It looks interesting. Any thoughts? Anyone buying? Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Thoughts on the TSV Genius Mix Slice and Chop?

I always enjoy Chef Tony's presentations on all the Genius products....but I am not sure I would be strong enough to make it work....I bought a chopper/slicer years ago...not Genius and I could never make it work...it wound up in the trash...so I am afraid to take a chance on this TSV...

Trusted Contributor

On 6/4/2014 sue98 said:

If I'm figuring correctly, it would total nearly $50 with s&h and tax. It looks interesting. Any thoughts? Anyone buying? Thanks!

I don't like the fact that it is not dishwasher safe.

Respected Contributor

Last night I was intermittently watching the presentation at midnight and Chef Tony said it was dishwasher safe on the top rack. But since Gloria mentioned it, I checked the FAQs and it does state to hand wash. Then the manual kind of skips over that in the care section and makes a statement to the effect that if you want to prolong the longevity and operation to hand wash.

Anyway back to OPs question. I found it interesting, but I have purchased things like this in the past and just can't get into the habit of using them. If I had more then two people to cook for perhaps, but for me its just easier to use the utensils I already have.

Trusted Contributor

I'll do it the old fashioned way....with a knife.

Super Contributor

I really like it... Almost bought it, then I remembered I have almost the exact same thing already!!! Too similar to justify buying, even though mine has a more rudimentary paddle tpe mixer, not the 3 beater one this new one has....tells you how much I use it, huh? We'll maybe now that I know where it is, I will use it more often.....
Esteemed Contributor

I think he misled viewers in stating it's from Germany. Several have posted the manual says it is made in China. Anyway, l don't make much of that stuff anymore so it wouldn't be functional for me. It doesn't look like it would be hard to handwash though, I wouldn't put it in the dishwasher anyway.

Honored Contributor

I think this would be something that I'd end up never using. Too much of a hassle to get it out, use it and wash it all. I'd just as soon use a knife.

Esteemed Contributor

I was looking for comments last night when I saw the presentation online, but it wasn't mentioned. I really wanted to buy it even though it would come out to $50 after tax and shipping. Then I thought it would just be another wasteful product to sit on my counter, as I have no room for it in my cabinets. Then I thought if I had it I'd use it, but then I thought no, I won't use it and I'll be mad at myself for wasting the money. Then I thought okay, if it's available in the morning in teal, I'll buy it.

So....I just checked and it's available in teal...but I'm not buying it {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

On 6/4/2014 sunala said:

I was looking for comments last night when I saw the presentation online, but it wasn't mentioned. I really wanted to buy it even though it would come out to $50 after tax and shipping. Then I thought it would just be another wasteful product to sit on my counter, as I have no room for it in my cabinets. Then I thought if I had it I'd use it, but then I thought no, I won't use it and I'll be mad at myself for wasting the money. Then I thought okay, if it's available in the morning in teal, I'll buy it.

So....I just checked and it's available in teal...but I'm not buying it {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Ummm hmmmm. Get back to us at 11:55 p.m.! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}