Regular Contributor

Re: Thoughts on the TSV Genius Mix Slice and Chop?

Variations of this have been around for years. I used to be a kitchen gadget hoarder and bought one of first simple models back in the late 90's. Used it a couple of times and finally donated it to Goodwill.

Honored Contributor

I don't find this type of gadget at all appealing. I have arthritis, which is getting a lot worse lately. I couldn't even handle this type of thing.

I'm still pretty proficient with knives (when were knives declared obsolete, anyway?). Well, I AM a klutz so there's that. But, aside from that part, my knife skills are still pretty good.

They tend to mis-lead a LOT with stuff like this to convince people that it's the be-all and end-all of gadgets that you simply cannot live without. I'm surprised they don't do a demo showing somebody trying to use a knife or mandolin or some such normal tool and accidentally cutting off a finger.

I do hope that people who order this item find it to be helpful and durable. But, seriously, I'd think about it from a more realistic POV, relative to YOUR needs, than that which is shown in these presentations. Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

On 6/4/2014 sunala said:

I was looking for comments last night when I saw the presentation online, but it wasn't mentioned. I really wanted to buy it even though it would come out to $50 after tax and shipping. Then I thought it would just be another wasteful product to sit on my counter, as I have no room for it in my cabinets. Then I thought if I had it I'd use it, but then I thought no, I won't use it and I'll be mad at myself for wasting the money. Then I thought okay, if it's available in the morning in teal, I'll buy it.

So....I just checked and it's available in teal...but I'm not buying it {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

{#emotions_dlg.laugh} {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Money doesn't talk; it swears. --Bob Dylan
Respected Contributor

I have one of the smaller Genius choppers that I use often, but I'm not buying any more kitchen gadgets as I'm trying to downsize. I haven't seen any of the presentations, so not really sure what it does but guessing it does everything except pay for itself{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Honored Contributor

Not interested. I prefer my knife, in fact I actually enjoy food prep using my knife. For large jobs I use my Cuisinart.

Also, I avoid plastic gadgets like the plague.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

8:19PM.......teal is STILL available

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Valued Contributor

On 6/4/2014 sunala said:

8:19PM.......teal is STILL available {#emotions_dlg.laugh}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I know. It winked at me during the last presentation, but I pretended I didn't notice. LOL