Respected Contributor

Re: Thoughts on the TSV Genius Mix Slice and Chop?

I got along without it before I met it, I can get along without it now.

What worries you masters you.
Respected Contributor

I'm not buying it because of all the reasons already stated. What I would like to have is a high-end mandolin but I don't know which kind to buy.
Honored Contributor

You're a decisive woman, Sunny. I like that!
Trusted Contributor

I really like Chef Tony but.... I know I wouldn't use it. I have a mandolin that I never use. I'll stick to my knives, KA mixer and food processor, and box grater.

The colors are really pretty and I hope everyone that decides to get it-enjoys it!

Respected Contributor

It looks like a handy little gadget but not buying it. I have other things that will do most of the same jobs. I don't need anymore clutter in my kitchen. The ones I do have, I do use often and they all fit in a drawer.

Esteemed Contributor

I just remembered I bought one of those rectangle shaped slice and dice products that looked so great when Chef Tony demonstrated it. I hated it and returned it. It was NOT easy peasy the way he showed it to be. I couldn't wait to get it out of my kitchen. But, it wasn't in teal {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

It's 12:15 and it's still available in teal and I still haven't bought it. I'm so proud of myself! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

I'm watching the presentation now with Albany. The teal & yellow are still available which they said were limited & going to sell out last night, LOL.

Honored Contributor

If I got this and used it a few times, I would probably get disgusted with washing it and never use it again.

Not even interested...

Super Contributor

On 6/4/2014 chessylady said: I'm not buying it because of all the reasons already stated. What I would like to have is a high-end mandolin but I don't know which kind to buy.
I have a very high end one, AND a cheaply plastic V type... Guess which I use more?????? Save your money, the cheap one works just as we'll and has held up for over 15 years....
Valued Contributor

I had an earlier model of this, and loved it. I used it at the beach instead of taking my food processor. I used it for several summers, mostly to grind chicken and vegetables for my dog food recipe. It worked like a charm. Eventually, after 3 or 4 years, one of the suction legs broke off from the continual pressure I applied. I see they have improved the base, so that the leg will not break from stress. I am tempted to get this one in teal since I know it works, but the problem is it's a want, and not a need.