Trusted Contributor

I'm so sorry. Try not to worry until you hear something. Is there anyone else you can call? I'll add you both to my prayers.

Respected Contributor

@hckynutjohn so sorry to hear this news about your friend.  I'm sending healing thoughts for him and will keep him in my prayers.

Respected Contributor

@hckynutjohn My thoughts and prayers are with both you and your friend.  Please do not be hard on yourself for not insisting he get a colonoscopy.  My husband has not had one despite my continued encouragement.  People will do what they want to do. 

Take care, Linda

Regular Contributor

@hckynutjohn 

So sorry for this sad news. I have your friend,and you in my 

prayers. 
  May you both receive strength and healing.

Esteemed Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@hckynutjohn - It is a shock, when we get news like this.  You are a good friend to be keeping him in prayer.

If you don't mind sharing, what is his first name?  I'll add my prayers to those of the others here, both for him, his family and you.

@Venezia 

Thank you. His name is Chuck.

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Sorry John, wish the best for your friend. I'm afraid we all will be touched by this horrible disease.  Wish there was a cure, so much.  That's why I pray the generation of children growing up now, will grow up smart.  And if just one of them, can find the cure, that's my greatest wish.  

Respected Contributor

Sending thoughts and prayers.  God bless.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Thoughts for my friend

[ Edited ]

@hckynutjohn ...I'm so sorry, John...You have been through so much and  your attitude and resilience are an inspiration...Sending positive thoughts and my best to your friend, Chuck, as he goes through this difficult time...He is very fortunate to have you as a close friend.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Respected Contributor

It is hoped you have heard more concerning Chuck's condition.

It is challenging when a friend lives a distance away.

When a friendship is long and deep news such as this really hits hard. Memories of youth spent together and moments shared are shadows we may think about.

It may make us think of ourselves and just wonder about tomorrow.

John you are doing the best you can in this situation. Chuck is fortunate to have you as friend and one that is by side in spirit with love.

Blessings

Esteemed Contributor

John, my prayers will include your dear friend.  I know how devastating this is for you.  Prayers also for you .