Esteemed Contributor

Re: Thoughts On Your Birth Order

Remember Jan hating being the middle child.

download (10).jpg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Image result for first born traits

First born here... I fit the traits except bossy. I can be...usually bide my time and have to be angry before I become bossy. Also being a first born my parents were much more strict and I felt they expected more of me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Both of my parents were only children. Apparently, they didn't know how to raise my sister and I as siblings. I was two years older, but we were raised as only children. I was independent and responsible. We were never raised as sisters or friends. My sister was emotional and unorganized, but intelligent (according to her). IDK because we never shared our grades! She did play the piano and organ better than I did. However, I sang in the Church choir; she never could hold a tune.

I married at 21 (husband was 23 and home from the military), bought a home, finished our educations and had our son at 25. 

My sister lived in a commune at 18 and spent a year back-packing across Europe before finishing her degree. She moved to FL at 23 for a job and went through several boyfriends (and trouble only I knew about). She met her husband, but it was an on/off relationship for many years. He had been married briefly to avoid the Draft & divorced. He wanted to settled down and have a family; she did not. Finally, they began living together and after nine years, she agreed to marry him! 

We are still very different; not close or even friends. My step-sister (9 years older) and I are much, much closer! However, we were young adults (20's) when our parents married. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

I am the youngest of six and my siblings still call me their "baby sister."  I guess old habits die hard.  Smiley Happy

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Respected Contributor

I am the oldest. My brother is three years younger. I was a terrible baby. Cried day and all night. They changed doctors when I was three months old. I needed solid foods. I wanted a brother and asked constantly. I got my brother and was very happy. My parents married later in life. My Mom in her thirties, my Dad in his forties. My father said after her you want another baby. The whole family agreed with him. We are close and I am greatfull.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 , interesting thread.  I am number 8 of ten children and the youngest girl.  Five boys, five girls.  I grew up with the three closest siblings in age being brothers.  By the time I cam along, all the rules were broken and my parents were wise.  I was the last to leave home but I left at the age of 18 for university.

High achiever, a long list of very smart siblings ha I g gone before me.  The money was easier by the time I came along.  I was spoiled as the last girl home.  LM

Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

Both of my parents were only children. Apparently, they didn't know how to raise my sister and I as siblings. I was two years older, but we were raised as only children. I was independent and responsible. We were never raised as sisters or friends. My sister was emotional and unorganized, but intelligent (according to her). IDK because we never shared our grades! She did play the piano and organ better than I did. However, I sang in the Church choir; she never could hold a tune.

I married at 21 (husband was 23 and home from the military), bought a home, finished our educations and had our son at 25. 

My sister lived in a commune at 18 and spent a year back-packing across Europe before finishing her degree. She moved to FL at 23 for a job and went through several boyfriends (and trouble only I knew about). She met her husband, but it was an on/off relationship for many years. He had been married briefly to avoid the Draft & divorced. He wanted to settled down and have a family; she did not. Finally, they began living together and after nine years, she agreed to marry him! 

We are still very different; not close or even friends. My step-sister (9 years older) and I are much, much closer! However, we were young adults (20's) when our parents married. 

@BirkiLady Boy can I relate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

There is a well known book called The Birth Order Book.  I have it.  

It addresses everything about one’s birth order.  It takes a lot of variances into account too.

It is fascinating reading.  The author’s name is  Kevin Leman.

I can’t copy a link to it or it will get zapped as it is at Walmart and Amazon.

@Annabellethecat66  I've read that book. It's very interesting. I read it about 20 years ago but still remember much of it. I do feel much of the information in it is accurate.

Honored Contributor

I am the eldest sister.  I had one young sister and one step sister from my step mother's first marriage.  Her daughter was two when we formed the family.  That child grew up spoiled and into drugs.  She's never been successful.

As children, I was always the organized, mature one.  Most of the discord between us was my younger sister annoying me.  I became the teacher, she became the nurse.

Respected Contributor

I am the oldest of 5 .. but a split family .. first three with one husband

2  more 17 years later with an acoholic husband ....and I am a Mrs.

Fix It ....