Honored Contributor

Re: Thought about closing my account, but I think I'll keep it open and just not buy.

@Desi wrote:

Instead of just issuing a closing date, a thoughtful explanation as to why this is necessary might have made this bitter pill a bit easier to swallow. QVC hasn't been cutting edge in a very long time. Moving the forums to Facebook, where according to my son, no one posts anymore, isn't going to help business. If this is financially motivated I would think angering loyal customers would have the opposite effect! I definitely buy more from suggestions I read here. I also appreciate the friendship, and the fact that it seems closer-knit than FB. Hopefully QVC changes their mind before the damage is done.

I don't think QVC will ever change their mind.

I don't often watch QVC anymore, but I do notice the items that are available when I visit the forums almost everyday.  

I'm probably not the only one.  Once the forums are closed, I will have no reason to visit QVC. The forums have always generated traffic to their website.

Honored Contributor

Re: Thought about closing my account, but I think I'll keep it open and just not buy.

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb 

O/T but did you see where former HSN CEO Mindy Grossman left Weight Watchers--- so she's available...LOL 

I know QVC has a MAIN Facebook Page:

It looks like its a "lollipops and unicorns" kinda sight.....

We want everyone who visits the group to feel comfortable, so please keep conversation respectful. We will delete comments if they contain the following:
• Personal attacks or derogatory comments about other QVC Facebook fans, presenters, guests or QVC staff
• Swearing, name-calling or abusive language
• Racist, sexist, homophobic comments or those that are otherwise deemed offensive
• Links or references promoting other companies
• Details of QVC promotions prior to agreed company release
• Viruses, corrupted files, or any other materials that could contaminate or damage another person's computer
• Any spamming
• Links, references promoting other companies, or advertisements including promotional photos, articles, videos, live streams etc.
• Anything potentially identifiable as bullying
• Political or belief statements

We also reserve the right to block or ban anyone who participates in the above activities or violates Facebook’s terms of use (http://www.facebook.com/terms.php).
Additionally, please remember that this is a public forum. Please refrain from posting any personal information about yourself, such as your email address or account information. You shouldn't post any information that you do not want to be made public. Any content you post to QVC’s We #loveQVC Facebook group will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary and may be used by QVC or others without restriction as they deem appropriate, without compensation to you.
[QVC's Privacy Statement: http://qvc.co/PrivacyStatemen

And then they have a QVC’s We #loveQVC Facebook group it was created by a QVC customer with QVC's blessing....

@Spurt  Old buddy... We've certainly been around for the long haul and even though our paths don't cross as much as they once did, I'd still like to think they'll continue to cross once in a while... As for QVC and their Facebook 'presence', they can stick it... At this point I'm not much interested in anything they do or say or have to offer... This latest move is just a bridge too far... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Exactly. If all we can post are statements that every product is sunshine and roses, it negates any reason to read it. We need people's opinions whatever they are. Just because something is too wide or narrow or short or long or fragranced or sweet for you, might be the very reason that someone else runs to purchase it!

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb 

O/T but did you see where former HSN CEO Mindy Grossman left Weight Watchers--- so she's available...LOL 

We want everyone who visits the group to feel comfortable, so please keep conversation respectful. We will delete comments if they contain the following:
• Personal attacks or derogatory comments about other QVC Facebook fans, presenters, guests or QVC staff
• Racist, sexist, homophobic comments or those that are otherwise deemed offensive
• Viruses, corrupted files, or any other materials that could contaminate or damage another person's computer
• Any spamming
• Links, references promoting other companies, or advertisements including promotional photos, articles, videos, live streams etc.

We also reserve the right to block or ban anyone who participates in the above activities or violates Facebook’s terms of use (http://www.facebook.com/terms.php).
Additionally, please remember that this is a public forum. Please refrain from posting any personal information about yourself, such as your email address or account information. You shouldn't post any information that you do not want to be made public. Any content you post to QVC’s We #loveQVC Facebook group will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary and may be used by QVC or others without restriction as they deem appropriate, without compensation to you.

And then they have a QVC’s We #loveQVC Facebook group it was created by a QVC customer with QVC's blessing....

@Spurt  Old buddy... We've certainly been around for the long haul and even though our paths don't cross as much as they once did, I'd still like to think they'll continue to cross once in a while... As for QVC and their Facebook 'presence', they can stick it... At this point I'm not much interested in anything they do say or have to offer... This latest move is just a bridge too far... 

@stevieb 

Yes friend ..... I have  enjoyed our conversations and hope we can cross paths some times....QVC really has  crossed the line this time...😡

Now wouldnt it be ironic after QVC did away with the Forums, that the "powers that be" halted all Facebook operations while an in depth investigation took place to determine Facebook's future operations and possible legal penalties regarding censorship and privacy issues--as another whistle blower comes forward....LMAO

🤣🤣---that would be poetic justice

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@kittyloo wrote:

just my 2cents on this.  First of all, i have been on these forums a long time. Not always a avid poster, but a reader for sure.  at least 15 years. 

Yes, i enjoy reading here, and probably come here pretty much every day.  that being said, would i stop buying here because they closed the forums?  uh, no.  why would I?  

i look at all the different sites i shop. None of them really have forums. are you going to stop shopping at ulta, macy's, dillards, cabelas, because they took away your chat forum.?  oh, wait, they don't have one.  how about the dollar tree? safeway? costo?  would you quit shopping there?  yes, i will miss reading the chats, but IMO to say you're going to boycott the Q because of it, is just plain silly.

not a popular opinion i'm sure. just my take.

I am already boycotting QVC because of the slow shipping, high shipping charges and quality of current merchandise, etc.  They are not the only game in town anymore.  Almost every store has an online presence. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb 

• Any spamming

I had checked the rules for the new facebook page and they are similarly restrictive.  They won't allow references to promotions by other companies, which we do here all the time.  I am not joining Facebook.  Not just for that reason.  I don't like Facebbok.  Basically, I would be promoting QVC through facebook, that is what that page is intended to do.  And facebook has a lot of misinformation and can be addictive.  I just don't want to waste my time there, being bombarded by c#ap.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kittyloo wrote:

just my 2cents on this.  First of all, i have been on these forums a long time. Not always a avid poster, but a reader for sure.  at least 15 years. 

Yes, i enjoy reading here, and probably come here pretty much every day.  that being said, would i stop buying here because they closed the forums?  uh, no.  why would I?  

i look at all the different sites i shop. None of them really have forums. are you going to stop shopping at ulta, macy's, dillards, cabelas, because they took away your chat forum.?  oh, wait, they don't have one.  how about the dollar tree? safeway? costo?  would you quit shopping there?  yes, i will miss reading the chats, but IMO to say you're going to boycott the Q because of it, is just plain silly.

not a popular opinion i'm sure. just my take.

What made QVC unique were the Forums and the on air TV demonstrations. Many of us shopped here even though QVC prices were not always competitive.....Now with the Forums gone and the presentations have become repetitive as the same products are shown too frequently, the benefits seem to be decreasing.... I enjoyed some of the brands and shows (Jim Shore,  Valerie Parr Hill, Plow and Hearth, Rykas, Or Paz, JAI, Berkshire Throws, Home Reflections, Luminara, etc etc. ) And what a bonus we also got the benefit of good conversation and product recommendations on the Forum---Now with all the changes and since I am NOT a fan of Facebook will I be hanging around the website and making as many purchases as Ive done in the past.????? Maybe Ill tune in to the on-air seasonal Jim Shore and Valerie Parr Hill Shows but viewing and overall buying wont be like it used to be....Just like QVC can make changes, consumers can also make changes to their buying habits too...its a two way street..😕...😥.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”