Honored Contributor

Re: Thought about closing my account, but I think I'll keep it open and just not buy.

@FiddleDeeDee I also detest FB and just won't use the Q page there.

I also agree that it's about the bottom line...however I think the powers that be just don't understand how much we discuss products here.  There are so many Q purchases that I have made over the years from posters talking about them here.

Honored Contributor

Re: Thought about closing my account, but I think I'll keep it open and just not buy.

@Desi wrote:

Instead of just issuing a closing date, a thoughtful explanation as to why this is necessary might have made this bitter pill a bit easier to swallow. QVC hasn't been cutting edge in a very long time. Moving the forums to Facebook, where according to my son, no one posts anymore, isn't going to help business. If this is financially motivated I would think angering loyal customers would have the opposite effect! I definitely buy more from suggestions I read here. I also appreciate the friendship, and the fact that it seems closer-knit than FB. Hopefully QVC changes their mind before the damage is done.

@Desi   Agree.  

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@GenXmuse   You are correct.  There is no formal way to close or delete your account.

@Carmie @GenXmuse, my daughter deleted her account by calling Customer Service. She never posted here but her shopping account she had closed. 

If QVC closes the forums, I, too, will close my account.

Trusted Contributor

@MalteseMomma  Oh yeah. It's that way for everyone. Nothing you post online is ever really gone, lol. That's why you don't put ANYTHING personal out there. EVER.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Honored Contributor

@rockygems123 wrote:

@new nickname 4 

I like your comment about having uncensored posts on their FB page, it will be different than the community board and it will be public!

JMO, that won't last long.  If FB doesn't take it off then someone monitoring the page surely will.

Respected Contributor

That's what my sons say as well. They say FB is for older folks and no one goes there anymore (though I do) so they must be right!

Regular Contributor

I believe to close a QVC account, you need to call customer service.

Respected Contributor

I looked into it and the FB page will be more heavily censored and controlled than it is here!

Honored Contributor

@Desi wrote:

I looked into it and the FB page will be more heavily censored and controlled than it is here!

@Desi  Hard to believe that's even possible, but yes, I guess it is and that's probably part of the reason they want this migration. They don't really want discussion, they just want an extended sales venue. Unfortunately, they don't seem to realize how many potential sales are instigated on these boards. Yes, there's a lot of non-retail discsussion and a lot of criticism, but there's a lot of 'enabling' going on as well.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb 

O/T but did you see where former HSN CEO Mindy Grossman left Weight Watchers--- so she's available...LOL 

I know QVC has a MAIN Facebook Page:

It looks like its a "lollipops and unicorns" kinda sight.....

We want everyone who visits the group to feel comfortable, so please keep conversation respectful. We will delete comments if they contain the following:
• Personal attacks or derogatory comments about other QVC Facebook fans, presenters, guests or QVC staff
• Swearing, name-calling or abusive language
• Racist, sexist, homophobic comments or those that are otherwise deemed offensive
• Links or references promoting other companies
• Details of QVC promotions prior to agreed company release
• Viruses, corrupted files, or any other materials that could contaminate or damage another person's computer
• Any spamming
• Links, references promoting other companies, or advertisements including promotional photos, articles, videos, live streams etc.
• Anything potentially identifiable as bullying
• Political or belief statements

We also reserve the right to block or ban anyone who participates in the above activities or violates Facebook’s terms of use (http://www.facebook.com/terms.php).
Additionally, please remember that this is a public forum. Please refrain from posting any personal information about yourself, such as your email address or account information. You shouldn't post any information that you do not want to be made public. Any content you post to QVC’s We #loveQVC Facebook group will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary and may be used by QVC or others without restriction as they deem appropriate, without compensation to you.
[QVC's Privacy Statement: http://qvc.co/PrivacyStatemen

And then they have a QVC’s We #loveQVC Facebook group it was created by a QVC customer with QVC's blessing....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”