Respected Contributor

Re: Thought about closing my account, but I think I'll keep it open and just not buy.

@Greeneyedlady21 

Time to go over to Wisteria Lane!

Honored Contributor

Re: Thought about closing my account, but I think I'll keep it open and just not buy.

[ Edited ]

Sorry for you QVC, but the Forums are what kept me in touch and in addition to making some friends, the ladies in the Forums also gave me recommendations on products I might like to purchase ....well thats going to be no more, and Im not fond of Facebook and its founder there's also FB privacy concerns....BTW in case QVC hadn't read 2 million people in the U.S. left Facebook in the last 2 years. The gains in Facebook accounts seem to only be coming from overseas locations these days. And with what happened today and you can see why many people arent interested in a Facebook site!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

just my 2cents on this.  First of all, i have been on these forums a long time. Not always a avid poster, but a reader for sure.  at least 15 years. 

Yes, i enjoy reading here, and probably come here pretty much every day.  that being said, would i stop buying here because they closed the forums?  uh, no.  why would I?  

i look at all the different sites i shop. None of them really have forums. are you going to stop shopping at ulta, macy's, dillards, cabelas, because they took away your chat forum.?  oh, wait, they don't have one.  how about the dollar tree? safeway? costo?  would you quit shopping there?  yes, i will miss reading the chats, but IMO to say you're going to boycott the Q because of it, is just plain silly.

not a popular opinion i'm sure. just my take.

Honored Contributor

@kittyloo wrote:

just my 2cents on this.  First of all, i have been on these forums a long time. Not always a avid poster, but a reader for sure.  at least 15 years. 

Yes, i enjoy reading here, and probably come here pretty much every day.  that being said, would i stop buying here because they closed the forums?  uh, no.  why would I?  

i look at all the different sites i shop. None of them really have forums. are you going to stop shopping at ulta, macy's, dillards, cabelas, because they took away your chat forum.?  oh, wait, they don't have one.  how about the dollar tree? safeway? costo?  would you quit shopping there?  yes, i will miss reading the chats, but IMO to say you're going to boycott the Q because of it, is just plain silly.

not a popular opinion i'm sure. just my take.

Then you are, of course, free to remain. None of the retailers mentioned built in the expectation and then dropped it. Qurate did. For some, the boards drew them to the site, not the other way around. We all do what works for us, 'silly' or not. There are other places to shop just as there are other outlets for discussion.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@rockygems123 wrote:

@new nickname 4 

I like your comment about having uncensored posts on their FB page, it will be different than the community board and it will be public!

It's not uncensored-the QVC "community" there is being moderated by the same mods who do that here. Perhaps that's why they haven't been around here much lately, I don't know. 

A poster posted here today that comments are moderated there to be a lovefest. Her term.

Several more good reasons not to bother making the migration...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I'm sorry but I don't know what you are talking about.  Is QVC closing down these forums? If so, why?

Respected Contributor

@Mustang Shar wrote:

I know I have made purchases based on comments here, in our Community.  If this does in fact happen, it makes me feel like an unwanted customer. I hope it doesn't happen, I like to shop.

Just today, I purchased an item mentioned on this forum. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Bridgegal  view forum topics. Forums close Nov 2

Honored Contributor

I wasn't aware we could delete our accounts. I thought you just stopped using it. How do you do it?

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse   You are correct.  There is no formal way to close or delete your account.