Super Contributor

Thought about closing my account, but I think I'll keep it open and just not buy.

I'm sorry, but I'm in this frame of mind right now, If QVC doesn't appreciate their customers (by closing the forums and giving people a place to discuss or recommend purchases), then I won't place anymore orders.  I thought about closing my account, and then thought it might be symbolic to allow them to carry an account that never orders - perhaps symbolic and telling to them that I once was a customer that spent a lot of money, but now won't?  Of course I could also go to their facebook account and post what I really feel about some of their items, they don't seem to ever censor that.  After wading through many negative posts, maybe they will shut that down as well.  Just musing on top of a negative day.

Respected Contributor

Re: Thought about closing my account, but I think I'll keep it open and just not buy.

@new nickname 4 

I also believe they are making a HUGE mistake by shutting down the forums....

reason being, you are putting your communication in the hands of a second party and letting them control the content and the voices.  Like voice/opinion suppression.

The Q will be losing control.  For example, FB was down today, you think that was just by accident?  I don't think so.

What's happening is companies are getting on the bandwagon, putting their eggs in one basket and will have to walk the walk by the powers of Facebook.

You think FB would care if the Q is gone from their site, I don't think so.  They didn't care when I closed my business and hundreds of other small businesses, why would they worry about one more company, they won't.

I think Q you are making a huge mistake, maybe so but we shall all see.

If this is a suggestion given to the new CEO and he approved it, he doesn't know better just what people are telling him.  If this is deemed a csst saving measure, it's not, you never cut out your customers opinions and voice.

Respected Contributor

Re: Thought about closing my account, but I think I'll keep it open and just not buy.

@new nickname 4 

I like your comment about having uncensored posts on their FB page, it will be different than the community board and it will be public!

Respected Contributor

I know I have made purchases based on comments here, in our Community.  If this does in fact happen, it makes me feel like an unwanted customer. I hope it doesn't happen, I like to shop.

Honored Contributor

I guess I think it makes a bigger statement if those of us beyond annoyed with this company delete our accounts when they opt to delete our community. If they follow through with this, there will be no reason for me to maintain an account here, as I won't use it again.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

I guess I think it makes a bigger statement if those of us beyond annoyed with this company delete our accounts when they opt to delete our community. If they follow through with this, there will be no reason for me to maintain an account here, as I won't use it again.

@stevieb, I was wondering if you've ever looked at the purse forum.  Maybe there's a way your long running thread would work there. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@stevieb, I was wondering if you've ever looked at the purse forum.  Maybe there's a way your long running thread would work there. 🤷🏼‍♀️

@tansy  Yes, I've visited and that's a good suggestion. I haven't been over there in a while so maybe it's time to go take a look.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Just Bling 

And the negative publicity about FB today on the news is astounding.  Not that the culture of that group and its creator is unknown as it was exposed in the chilling movie The Social Network, it's just sad that that vehicle has continued. 

Regular Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

I will delete my account. Will not be buying from this company anymore. 

Honored Contributor

@rockygems123 wrote:

@new nickname 4 

I like your comment about having uncensored posts on their FB page, it will be different than the community board and it will be public!

It's not uncensored-the QVC "community" there is being moderated by the same mods who do that here. Perhaps that's why they haven't been around here much lately, I don't know. 

A poster posted here today that comments are moderated there to be a lovefest. Her term.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"